• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metallica at San Diego Comic Con Hall H not so secret show

77 posts in this topic

Pretty solid setlist.

BREAKING NEWS METALLICA FIRED LARS AND ALREADY GOT A SMOKIN HOT REPLACEMENT SHOWN BELOW!

I'm forever bummed I never got to see this guy though...

Saw them in '86 open for Ozzy. They all hung out afterwards by the busses. Cliff was very nice and hung out the longest. James was skateboarding around.

I still have my Ozzy tour book with all their sigs on it. :headbang:

(worship)

I saw them in mid 80's for the first time at Lamours in Brooklyn with Wasp and Armoured Saint. Great show.

I still remember walking into Rays record store on Staten Island in 1984 and seeing this album with a electric chair on it sitting alone on the new albums release rack , some band Metallica . I was there to look for some Metal imports or something from Twisted Sister. I was mesmerized by this album. I decided to buy it. My life was changed when I listened to it.

I have the same experience with buying comics. I like alot of us , got out of comics when I started to get into music and girls etc in early 80's . I went into a comic store also on Staten Island like 1993 and was just looking to sell my old books. I saw this Spiderman guy but it wasnt my spiderman. His costume was black and he was badder looking. Guy in the store told me he is Venom. Instead of selling my books , I walked out with $75 worth of books featuring this Venom guy and all those Spiderman 200 anniversary hologram books as I read the venom stories I was back into Comics. .

Wow! Pretty killer. Good set list too. Love how they always go with Seek & Destroy near the end. And nice that they threw Blackened in there. That song rocks. Those guys are great.

I'm not a big concert goer anymore, but I'd go see them again.

I did. :grin: IMO though everything that came after (including parts of) And Justice For All is overproduced garbage and nothing more than a cash grab. Lars & Co. turned into whiny little girls with the Napster situation. 2c

I did. :grin: IMO though everything that came after (including parts of) And Justice For All is overproduced garbage and nothing more than a cash grab. Lars & Co. turned into whiny little girls with the Napster situation. 2c

There's a lot of time and music between Master and Napster. Garage Days Re-Revisited is awesome ... Justice has more killer tracks than not, and while the production took some getting used to, so does the Back Album. Everything after that is felch-ready donkey bung. :)

I enjoyed them until master of puppets. since then they have some of the worst production values in history. from the drum sound on some kind od monster to their complete dislike for any bass sounds.

1. Kill’Em All

2. Ride the Lightening

3. Master of Puppets

4. And Justice For All

5. Metallica (Black Album)

In my opinion these five Metallica albums are absolute metal classics of all time. I as well as many others quit listening to Metallica 20 years ago but there shouldn’t be any doubt that these guys were highly instrumental in the founding of metal and where it is today.

Growing up in the 60’s & 70’s I had always been a classic rock fan but my first Metallica concert (Justice For All Tour)in 1989 at the Summit in Houston opened up a whole new world of music for me and from there it was Megadeth, Slayer, Pantera & Testament along with a host of other metal bands through the 90’s

Still have my first Metallica ticket from Justice For All tour 1989 … :headbang: SPECTACULAR show !!!

Slide7_zpsae333c2b.jpg

So where did they play?

Edit: Nevermind, saw it was at Spreckle's Theater. Literally one block from our hotel. Missed it. Oh well.

I liked all Metallica up until the Black album. That album just didn't do it for me as it felt it was too great a departure from their previous music.

Just seemed like there was less raw energy music wise.

The drums in 'One' are about as close to orgasmic as music comes.

1. Kill’Em All

2. Ride the Lightening

3. Master of Puppets

4. And Justice For All

5. Metallica (Black Album)

In my opinion these five Metallica albums are absolute metal classics of all time. I as well as many others quit listening to Metallica 20 years ago but there shouldn’t be any doubt that these guys were highly instrumental in the founding of metal and where it is today.

Growing up in the 60’s & 70’s I had always been a classic rock fan but my first Metallica concert (Justice For All Tour)in 1989 at the Summit in Houston opened up a whole new world of music for me and from there it was Megadeth, Slayer, Pantera & Testament along with a host of other metal bands through the 90’s

Still have my first Metallica ticket from Justice For All tour 1989 … :headbang: SPECTACULAR show !!!

Slide7_zpsae333c2b.jpg

Event Code = HEAVY1? :headbang: