• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifest Destiny - Skybound - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts
1 1

2,663 posts in this topic

In the last month or so, I don't think any issues of MD are actively "sought after". LBCC is still up there but Ottley and #1 1st print prices are dropping like a stone, I guess everyone here has a 9.8 or 2 going by the census (Regular cover = 255 blue 9.8, Ottley = 107 blue 9.8)

Yeah it's crashing hard, if you have any i'd get out now.

hm

A far different tenor of posts than in the spring. Perhaps there was some speculation involved in the book's price rise after all.

Hope slym didn't invest all his money. He might have to get a job. :grin:

lol Yeah I thought #1 was a "solid $40 book" right?

At least this thread still delivers after all this time.

Still brings around $40 regularly. I can't believe we're still having this conversation but here you go.

Last 6 sales were

$35

$46

$31

$36

$40

$40

= $38 average

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=manifest+destiny+1+-2+-3+-4+-5+-6+-7+-v&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=63&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xmanifest+destiny+1+-2+-3+-4+-5+-6+-7+-v+-tank&_nkw=manifest+destiny+1+-2+-3+-4+-5+-6+-7+-v+-tank&_sacat=63

It was down the minute Rat Queens news hit in June but it's back in normal territory this week. ;)

Thanks for the good news. I'm just going off my NM+ #1 and bonus #4 that have sat in the Modern Sales section for the last week. I though it was priced decent at $35 for the pair. (shrug) I think if MD was still on the rise they would have sold, but we're definitely in a plateau phase.

I appreciate you bantering with me on this Authority, but a "solid" book to me means it sells consistently at that price no matter how flooded or "full" the market is. MD is not there yet IMO, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it backslide some and settle at what will be the actual "solid" price, probably $25-$30 (hopefully lol )

You may have hit it right on the head with it's "normal" price, I don't know. I have noticed in the last couple of years, an announcement can not only boost whatever is being announced but it can temporarily, or much less often, permanently hurt the hot books prices. I have a feeling that MD and RQ will be adversely affected for the short term by whatever announcements come out of San Diego. I look for deals when this happens.

The good news is, Image books seem to be doing pretty well as a group on the secondary market though few have the same level of appreciation as MD.

I saw your books in the sales thread and was shocked they were still sitting there. That is a hell of a buy if someone didn't have them already. GLWTS !

Oh I knew they were bay prices, and I've sold enough around here to know the difference, but that's part of what I'm saying about a book having a "solid" price: I generally look to sales here for a true test of a book and factor in the inflated eBay prices due to Ebay/PayPals cut.

Still brings around $40 regularly. I can't believe we're still having this conversation but here you go.

Last 6 sales were

$35

$46

$31

$36

$40

$40

= $38 average

Believe it. The June 28th to July 2 average looks more like $28.

It'll be more obvious in September.

Last 6 sales were

$35

$46

$31

$36

$40

$40

= $38 average

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=manifest+destiny+1+-2+-3+-4+-5+-6+-7+-v&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=63&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xmanifest+destiny+1+-2+-3+-4+-5+-6+-7+-v+-tank&_nkw=manifest+destiny+1+-2+-3+-4+-5+-6+-7+-v+-tank&_sacat=63

It was down the minute Rat Queens news hit in June but it's back in normal territory this week. ;)

lol

Okay, you take $28 and I'll take $38 and we'll revisit it in September.

Edited by The Authority

I wrote a long post, with many quotes, giving my thoughts and opinions on this thread. In the end, it was too long, and too much of beating a dead horse. I think my post at the top of page 58 sums up my feelings on this thread and what happened a few months back:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7391905&fpart=58

Beyond that, I offer a few choice quotes...

01/28/14

The Bullshido is strong with this one

01/28/14

instead of BS maybe it's a case of a low print run and a desirable comic that is able to stand on its own without a whiff of a tv show.

01/28/14

not at all, I said the Bullshido is strong, and its is. Books dont triple overnight without a reason. Better to side with caution, reason, and recommending people to breathe-observe-wait

01/28/14

I side with those who aren't killing the buzz

01/28/14

The subjects been beaten to death, I stand by my comments and suggestions. Don't pay 335+ for that book, it sold last week for a shade over $150.

good thing the people who attacked me back in late January, were done selling by the end of Feb/Mar....

07/07/14

Yeah it's crashing hard, if you have any i'd get out now.

Edited by CBT

Last 6 sales were

$35

$46

$31

$36

$40

$40

= $38 average

lol

(thumbs u

And, in the meantime, we can continue to enjoy it as a great read.

Last 6 sales were

$35

$46

$31

$36

$40

$40

= $38 average

lol

(thumbs u

And, in the meantime, we can continue to enjoy it as a great read.

You know it. I'm in no hurry to get there. I'm enjoying summer too much. :grin: