• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifest Destiny - Skybound - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts
1 1

2,663 posts in this topic

#8 is a pretty good issue. I still love the art. The story kind of stalled a little though, but with it being an ongoing title, thats ok. I'd rather th. writer take his time than try and cram too much into 1 issue.

On another note, anybody got any leads on those SDCC conecting covers? Also, in the letters column they mention a variant of #8 from a different artist. So i count 2 MD books at the con. Definitely gonna have to track those down.

I actually enjoy the fact that they slowed things down. Gives us a chance to see Sacagawea interact a bit.

"3 times now"

I thought the art was pretty impressive this issue, even as the story's pace took more of a pause.

Art-wise, the concentric circle ripple effect on the submerging page was a really neat device to use for revealing someone disappearing into the water. And the split page for the speech by Lewis/Clark was a really effective way to show all the officers and the crew.

And the last two pages...yikes!

Not to mention the colorist Owen Gieni continues to deliver in spades.

Definitely the book I look forward to the most each month (and Wild Blue Yonder).

Has anyone seen anymore of the sketch cover of the SDCC variant listed HERE?

(shrug)

First one I've seen. Just curious if anyone knew anything about it.

Edited by AntBrown