• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifest Destiny - Skybound - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts
1 1

2,663 posts in this topic

I gave my LCS the Diamond code a couple of weeks ago to add one to my pull file. Apparently my copy was the only one they got in. They had it marked down as a 1:25. The owner cashed me out and I asked him if they are 1:1's or not and he said he wasn't sure. He was going to find out for me and if they are 1:1's and he is going to give me a refund on the difference of the cover price. I love my LCS they are good people.

The alternate cover wasn't a 1:25. You should not have to spend $15 for it. Cover price only. Definitely ask for a refund.

-shawn

Yeah, I am on my next visit

Every copy my LCS got including my 5 were damaged by the monkeys at Diamond doh!

They said they'll be replaced and be in tomorrow. Hope so

4 out of the 5 "replacements" were crunched in the center of the spine. WTF is wrong with those people at Diamond??? JEEZ!!!

At least I got 1 9.8 and grabbed another when I was out and about today. 2 is better than none, but it ain't the 5 I was expecting

Every copy my LCS got including my 5 were damaged by the monkeys at Diamond doh!

4 out of the 5 "replacements" were crunched in the center of the spine. WTF is wrong with those people at Diamond??? JEEZ!!!

At least I got 1 9.8 and grabbed another when I was out and about today. 2 is better than none, but it ain't the 5 I was expecting

Ordering Five comics & expecting Five 9.8's.

Hilarious.

In the future you should just pick the 9'8"s off the CGC tree.

They're Free...

Hilarious.

They're Free...

Yeah the nerve of me to expect a new comic book to look like it's effin new and not like someone used the middle of the spine to floss their teeth

Hilarious.

They're Free...

Yeah the nerve of me to expect a new comic book to look like it's effin new and not like someone used the middle of the spine to floss their teeth

The NERVE of you to expect all five to be 9.8's indeed.

You're delusional.

Maybe 20% of the new product shipped weekly is 9.8.

( the reason a 9.8 is valuable is because they don't grow on trees)

Retailers accept product in salable condition.

Edited by LarrysComics

Hilarious.

They're Free...

You're delusional.

OMG I agree with Larry :o

Hilarious.

They're Free...

You're delusional.

I am the paying customer. If it's not in the condition I want it in, I'm not buying it. Plain and simple, and since I do a lot of regular business with the LCS, the owner didn't say something like "I deem them salable, so you have to take them." He doesn't have the take it or leave it business sense of a used car salesman.

These books weren't salable. They were mangled up pretty good, bad enough that the store owner didn't even wanna keep them for other customers ( he doesn't do CGC, and he's not a flipper / speculator).

He showed me a few Spidey books that were sent to him as "replacements" and they looked like they were folded up in someone's pocket.

Hilarious.

They're Free...

You're delusional.

I am the paying customer. If it's not in the condition I want it in, I'm not buying it. Plain and simple, and since I do a lot of regular business with the LCS, the owner didn't say something like "I deem them salable, so you have to take them." He doesn't have the take it or leave it business sense of a used car salesman.

These books weren't salable. They were mangled up pretty good, bad enough that the store owner didn't even wanna keep them for other customers ( he doesn't do CGC, and he's not a flipper / speculator).

He showed me a few Spidey books that were sent to him as "replacements" and they looked like they were folded up in someone's pocket.

My sales team is going to be really disappointed tomorrow when I tell them that they don't have enough sense to sell a comic book without saying take it or leave it. This is how I'm going to start my meeting tomorrow. Maybe your quote will get them fired up enough so I can make enough to buy a copy of #7. The good news for them is that the stuff they sell only cost between $17,000 to $70,000 and they only have about 150 competitors in a 5 mile radius and that new thing called.... Oh yeah, the internet. Haha. So it ought to be a lot easier to sell that stuff. :grin:

I'm just having fun with you. I hope you find the 2 other books. My guess is that there will be plenty of these to go around. (shrug)

Hilarious.

They're Free...

You're delusional.

This is the reason it always takes me about 45 minutes to get my new books on Wednesday, doing spot grading at Midtown Comics. A lot of people will pick the first book they see, they don't care, they just want to read the book. For the few that need perfection, you need to put your due diligence in and pick the book yourself, and there's also pre screen moderns at CGC.

Hilarious.

They're Free...

You're delusional.

Where do you shop?

Hilarious.

They're Free...

You're delusional.

My POINT.

Is that you order FIVE comics & expect FIVE 9.8's

I laugh in your face.

Hilarious.

They're Free...

You're delusional.

My POINT.

Is that you order FIVE comics & expect FIVE 9.8's

I laugh in your face.

Now. To actually go out to the LCS & prescreen existing copies with your particular skill set, is another matter entirely. Besides paying for a pre screen, THAT'S the way to get them.

In regards to pre-orders:

If you pre-order books & they come in 9.2 or below, It's your right to reneg in my opinion.

If they come in 9.4 or better & you reneg.

You're very much the "D" that I think you are.

Edited by LarrysComics

Hilarious.

They're Free...

You're delusional.

Where do you shop?

I get most of my weekly books at Ontario St, since I'm right around the corner had them order 'em. Always good finds there if you wanna take the time to dig. Got a Sunfire & Big Hero 6 #1 this week for two fiddy

Not sure why everyone is freaking out..I got a nice pile of minty fresh cover b's from dcbs. Glad I didn't bank on LCS ordering these...

IMG_20140613_114451.jpg

I love the cover and picked up four total. I hope McFarlane does more. I think it the best for 2014