• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifest Destiny - Skybound - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts
1 1

2,663 posts in this topic

Fairly new to the world of comics, and I remember seeing some of the earlier issues last fall and not being interested in this book AT ALL. Which, if you knew I was a middle school social studies teacher you'd probably be very surprised to know.

Not even sure why I picked up #1 a month ago, but I did.

Needless to say, I absolutely LOVE this series.

To say it has so much potential to go in so many different directions would be a gross understatement. From a purely historical standpoint there is so much they can do, and I'm wondering what kind of tales they'll spin around their eventual arrival at the Great Falls of the Missouri. That was such a treacherous part of the journey...I can only imagine how that will be compounded by the presence of who-knows-what kinds of creatures!

Welcome to the board, IndyKMB!

The potential for nearly anything is one of the big reasons I jumped on board when I read the solicitation for this book. So far, I like what they've done, but I hope some bigger picture stuff starts to appear soon - there's nothing wrong with the 'monster of the month' thing that they have going on, but I want to learn more about the overarching story!

Fairly new to the world of comics, and I remember seeing some of the earlier issues last fall and not being interested in this book AT ALL. Which, if you knew I was a middle school social studies teacher you'd probably be very surprised to know.

To say it has so much potential to go in so many different directions would be a gross understatement. From a purely historical standpoint there is so much they can do, and I'm wondering what kind of tales they'll spin around their eventual arrival at the Great Falls of the Missouri. That was such a treacherous part of the journey...I can only imagine how that will be compounded by the presence of who-knows-what kinds of creatures!

+1

And WTTB!

+1

And WTTB!

Welcome!!

As I posted a bit ago, this is THE FIRST modern book, that I fell completely head over moccasins for!

I was a history major and like you noted, the historical references they can use are simply grand. As we all keep saying, the potential is awesome with this series and the creators. Just such an exciting and fun read - can't get enough!

Thx for the welcome, everyone. Really enjoying the depth of topics I've found so far on this board.

I have managed to put together an entire first-run of the series thus far...now I just need to decide if I want to pony-up and add a second stash! But before I do any of that I'm turning my attention to one of those signed #1 Ottley variants.

Thx for the welcome, everyone. Really enjoying the depth of topics I've found so far on this board.

I have managed to put together an entire first-run of the series thus far...now I just need to decide if I want to pony-up and add a second stash! But before I do any of that I'm turning my attention to one of those signed #1 Ottley variants.

Now is definitely the time - I recently picked one up for quite cheap.

Looks familiar :baiting: haha. Welcome to the club, happy to help and thanks for the kinds words good sir.

You could've just traded me the walkind dead 1 in your Sig line straight up, forgot to mention that before we worked out a deal hm

Edited by kapzilla