• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

How Joss Whedon Brought Quicksilver And Scarlet Witch To The “Avengers” Franchise

“The first movie was, ‘Punch!’ ‘I punch you back!’ ‘I punch you back!’” he said. “You can only do that so many times before you start to think, This is dulllllllllll.” Instead of just throwing punches, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch exercise their powers in visually dynamic ways: The former can run faster than the speed of sound, while the latter boasts a formidable suite of abilities, including telekinesis and mind control. “We’re very much yin and yang,” said Taylor-Johnson, back in his trailer. “I’m more physical, and she’s more psychological.” That duality provided Whedon with a far more varied set of tools with which to wow the audience.

But the Maximoff twins also presented Whedon with an even more tantalizing possibility: the chance to reinvent two beloved Marvel characters from the ground up.

Joss Whedon on the dual appearance of Quicksilver

Joss Whedon reassured that he had always planned to introduce both Quicksilver and his sister, the Scarlet Witch in

The Avengers sequel. he had informed Marvel Studios shared his reaction to the “And then, you know, months after I started, they were like, [Days of Future Past] just changed Juggernaut to Quicksilver. I’m like, What?!” he explained. Though both Whedon and Feige praised Quicksilver's highlight sequence in Days of Future Past, they were quick to dismiss comparisons.

“We knew it would be very different based on the various interpretations of the character through the comic,” Feige said. “It may as well be different characters.” “There’s going to be an entire season of The Flash that’s gone on before my movie too, and what Aaron is doing and what I wanted him to do is so different from what they were doing in that movie, that I think we’re fine,” Joss Whedon added. “I think there’s room for more than one Quicksilver. But yeah, I was never thrilled.”

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/04/01/julie-delpy-and-linda-cardellini-are-in-marvels-avengers-age-of-ultron

Disney sent out a press tip sheet today for their forthcoming Los Angeles premiere of Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron. Buried in the tip sheet's list of the movie's cast members attending the premiere were two heretofore unreported actors: Julie Delpy (Before Midnight) and Linda Cardellini (Freaks and Geeks).

Who are Delpy and Cardellini playing? Disney refused to comment on the actors' roles in the movie except to confirm that they're indeed in the film.

---

Linda Cardellini's credits include Scooby-Doo, ER, Brokeback Mountain, Super, Mad Men, and Bloodline. Julie Delpy's credits include Killing Zoe, 2 Days in New York, An American Werewolf in Paris, The Three Musketeers, and Krzysztof Kieslowski's Three Colors trilogy.