• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

I am hoping for a huge box office for this movie - as I have a bet that it will out earn the new Star Wars movie :)

I would take you up on that bet.

My bet, this movie will do well, but not as well as the first Avengers movie domestically (i.e. not over $600 million domestically.) It should do very well for the entire month of May. Star Wars VII will be this years reigning champ at the box office both domestic and foreign once the dust settles.

I think this one will surpass AV1 - and the bet I made was on worlwide box office. I think Star Wars will do better domestically (i.e., in North AMerica) but I think Avengers 2 will do better globally. But I realized I was taking the underdog - and my fandom got in the way of my head (a bit) :)

Avengers 1 was the first movie I saw twice...in one day. I may see this one thrice...

The Star Wars name is a license to print money, and even when George Lucas was pushing out that steaming pile of Prequels, they were still making bank, even though movie-goers were puking up their popcorn in the aisles.

The Prequels were bad, bad, bad, bad movies, on par with the excrement of Highlander 2, and yet fans and the general public alike just couldn't resist the urge to go see them.

I cannot even imagine how popular a new Star Wars movie series will be without a dementia-ridden Lucas screwing up the works, and if it's even average, expect some opening records to be broken. If the movie is great, theaters will be chock full of happy fanboys.

I am REALLY getting excited for this!

For only the second time in my life I might see a movie twice in one day.

The first? Star Wars, 1977. :)

:o

Star Wars (1977) was my first movie ever that I saw twice.

Gladiator was my second.

:wishluck::wishluck: :wishluck: :wishluck: :wishluck: :wishluck: :wishluck: :wishluck:

398368gladiator.jpg

Gladiator was my second.

:wishluck::wishluck: :wishluck: :wishluck: :wishluck: :wishluck: :wishluck: :wishluck:

398368gladiator.jpg

k1rrq.jpg

Gladiator was my second.

398368gladiator.jpg

k1rrq.jpg

Just remember that after a 6 month cycle you can drain your fields and regrow corn or whatever, but the next cycle harvest will yield larger Crawfish if you have a permanent grow.

Just remember that after a 6 month cycle you can drain your fields and regrow corn or whatever, but the next cycle harvest will yield larger Crawfish if you have a permanent grow.

...unless your wife & kid get burned and you get killed in the arena by a cheater.

...unless your wife & kid get burned and you get killed in the arena by a cheater.

What

What

Chip is referencing the Gladiator movie. It is worth watching.