• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

What timing on that Vision image.

BOX OFFICE: AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Tracking Indicates Highest Opening In History

Deadline has the tracking info for Avengers: Age of Ultron, and it's already tracking better than The Avengers did back in 2012 (which far exceeded expectations at the time). That movie opened with $207.4 million, the highest opening ever in North America to this day. The sequel is expected to far exceed that however, and advance ticket sales are already said to be outselling the first instalment by a large degree.

A Fandango spokesman tells the site: "Theaters around the country are sold out and managers are right now adding showtimes to meet the fan demand."

Some of these posters look like the Avengers are going up against... General Grievous!

I am hoping beyond hope this isn't just another morphing robot mess like many Hollywood movies over the past few years.

Some of these posters look like the Avengers are going up against... General Grievous!

I am hoping beyond hope this isn't just another morphing robot mess like many Hollywood movies over the past few years.

they put that stuff in the trailers to draw a larger audience, the show is going to be about politics, government, freedom, equality, friendship, love, loyalty, death, redemption, etc etc. It's going to have it all, with the requisite big fight scenes, and end on a darker mixed tone, not a happy ending.

Going to be epic.

SPOILERS: New AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Details On 'The Vision''s Creator, 'Ultron''s Body, More

Firstly, Ultron's first form WILL be one of Tony Stark's destoryed Iron Legion robots, but the A.I. has by this point "been consuming every element of human knowledge, and has reached the conclusion that the thing most threatening the planet is humanity in general—and the Avengers in particular. He’s ranting, confused. Ultron mentions being unsure where he is, and says he had to escape. But doing that meant 'killing the other guy.'"

That other guy is J.A.R.V.I.S., something the team soon realises (after Ultron has made his escape) when Tony assures them that his own A.I. should have been there to keep a programme like Ultron under control. Apparently, when he trues to bring up a hologram of J.A.R.V.I.S., all the team sees is "an incoherent image of violence that looks like a digital massacre." In other words, J.A.R.V.I.S. is dead.

What timing on that Vision image.

BOX OFFICE: AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Tracking Indicates Highest Opening In History

Deadline has the tracking info for Avengers: Age of Ultron, and it's already tracking better than The Avengers did back in 2012 (which far exceeded expectations at the time). That movie opened with $207.4 million, the highest opening ever in North America to this day. The sequel is expected to far exceed that however, and advance ticket sales are already said to be outselling the first instalment by a large degree.

A Fandango spokesman tells the site: "Theaters around the country are sold out and managers are right now adding showtimes to meet the fan demand."

History in the making!! what a great time for comic fans :whee:

I am REALLY getting excited for this!

For only the second time in my life I might see a movie twice in one day.

The first? Star Wars, 1977. :)

:o

Star Wars (1977) was my first movie ever that I saw twice.

Gladiator was my second.

I am REALLY getting excited for this!

For only the second time in my life I might see a movie twice in one day.

The first? Star Wars, 1977. :)

:o

Star Wars (1977) was my first movie ever that I saw twice.

Gladiator was my second.

Star Wars was my second..... the first 2 in 1 movie for me was American Grafitti ....another cool Harrison Ford flick. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I am hoping for a huge box office for this movie - as I have a bet that it will out earn the new Star Wars movie :)

I would take you up on that bet.

My bet, this movie will do well, but not as well as the first Avengers movie domestically (i.e. not over $600 million domestically.) It should do very well for the entire month of May. Star Wars VII will be this years reigning champ at the box office both domestic and foreign once the dust settles.

I am hoping for a huge box office for this movie - as I have a bet that it will out earn the new Star Wars movie :)

I would take you up on that bet.

My bet, this movie will do well, but not as well as the first Avengers movie domestically (i.e. not over $600 million domestically.) It should do very well for the entire month of May. Star Wars VII will be this years reigning champ at the box office both domestic and foreign once the dust settles.

I think this one will surpass AV1 - and the bet I made was on worlwide box office. I think Star Wars will do better domestically (i.e., in North AMerica) but I think Avengers 2 will do better globally. But I realized I was taking the underdog - and my fandom got in the way of my head (a bit) :)