• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

First Official AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Clip Set To Debut At The MTV Movie Awards

According to a report from the Hollywood Reporter, we will get our first Avengers: Age of Ultron at the MTV Movie Awards which will run for 90 seconds! In addition to the first clip, Robert Downey Jr. will be receiving the MTV Generation Award that will be presented to him by his Avengers: Age of Ultron cast members. We know the event, and we know the time, but when is that date? Sunday, April 12, at 8 p.m. ET/ 5 p.m. PT!

I was rewatching the latest Avengers trailer and spotted something I hadn't noticed before. At the end of the trailer right before the Avengers logo pops up there is a shot from above showing the all the avengers (including Scarlett Witch) fighting the Ultron swarm of Drones.

Every time I have watched the trailer I have been focusing on the actual Avengers fighting the drones. But this time I noticed that they are standing on a raised dais of some sort and there is something mechanical spinning in the middle (a weapon of some sort?). It almost looks like they are trying to protect whatever's in the middle of the dais.

Has this been noticed or discussed yet? What is that mechanical thing in the middle? It's spinning/moving/possiblyraising so what's its importance?

Maybe it's the device that will take Ultron down? Which is why they're trying to protect it? A giant EMP that will shut down all electronics worldwide?

Here's the screenshot. If you watch the video again you will see the object in the middle moving.

http://www.comicvine.com/avengers-age-of-ultron/4025-1563/images/#images/1300-4429641

I was rewatching the latest Avengers trailer and spotted something I hadn't noticed before. At the end of the trailer right before the Avengers logo pops up there is a shot from above showing the all the avengers (including Scarlett Witch) fighting the Ultron swarm of Drones.

Every time I have watched the trailer I have been focusing on the actual Avengers fighting the drones. But this time I noticed that they are standing on a raised dais of some sort and there is something mechanical spinning in the middle (a weapon of some sort?). It almost looks like they are trying to protect whatever's in the middle of the dais.

Has this been noticed or discussed yet? What is that mechanical thing in the middle? It's spinning/moving/possiblyraising so what's its importance?

Maybe it's the device that will take Ultron down? Which is why they're trying to protect it? A giant EMP that will shut down all electronics worldwide?

Here's the screenshot. If you watch the video again you will see the object in the middle moving.

http://www.comicvine.com/avengers-age-of-ultron/4025-1563/images/#images/1300-4429641

It's an Easter Egg. Look at it closely. I'll be back later to tell you what it is. :grin:

It's an Easter Egg. Look at it closely. I'll be back later to tell you what it is. :grin:

I could be wrong, but it appears to be the foot/claw of the Kronos robot from The Incredibles. :D

images_zps1i2bwnui.jpg

okay, maybe i'm wrong.

Final trailer!

:whee:

I'm sorry, but with everything going on in that trailer, I think Cap using the motorcycle as a weapon is the coolest part. Also, why didn't they give Spader's voice a metallic tone?

Cause speech synthesis technology isn't trapped in 80's, and we can clearly see he is a robot as it is :D