• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

Sorry but I want my heroes in their 20/30s not their 40/50/60s!

Renner is 44

Ruffalo is 47

RDJ is 50

Jackson is 67

How do those numbers add up? It might be a billion at the box office but it's over two centuries worth of wrinkles and incontinence pads.

Fixed it for you.

OK,

Is Pietro really dead or do they send him to Tahiti like they did Coulson?

I don't buy that he's dead either. He has such a rich history with the Inhumans on the page it would be wrong to lose him right at the dawning of the Inhumans in the MCU. But who knows?

High Evolutionary will snag him off to Wungadore.

OK,

I have a feeling he's going to be back at some point. They left it pretty open-ended, but it's not like Marvel to kill someone even moderately important to the plot & not have it even be mentioned again. So either it's in the hour of footage that was cut to get it down to 145 minutes, or there's something that they purposely didn't mention. I just don't see them killing someone like Pietro, then not even mentioning it again, so I'm inclined to think he's being re-alive-ed somewhere.

OK,

How can magnetos son be killed with bullets? Ha! Puny metal bullets.

So marvel is making the twins get there powers by experiments? Aren't they mutants? Or did they just change it all up cause they can't be mutants?

I think it's more along the line of

undefined origins of their powers thus far. They wrote it in a way that kinda hand-waved a "maybe sorta the scepter had something to do with their powers but maybe not?" explanation. They had no powers & then they underwent experiments & then they had powers. No real exploration of what caused the change other than vague experiments. They left it extremely vague. For good reason. It gives Marvel an easy "out" on explaining their powers on the off chance they get the X-rights back, they can make them mutants & claim the scepter had nothing to do with them getting their powers, but maybe just activating them? But if they don't get the rights back, they can just leave it vague.

Hey everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Some guys think it's the best thing since sliced bread. Good for you. It's surely not an awful movie. Plus there's great pieces within. Thor and Vision are worth seeing it for them alone.

I go to the movies 4-5 times a week (the joys of a subscription card), so I see practically everything that's released.

But then for some people this will be their sole outing to the flicks for months, is this a bad film for those kind of folks? Hmmmm, probably not.

But is this a 'good' movie in the way that GoTG was a good movie? No. Plainly not.

I like the first Avengers and most of the MCU, the bigger problem for this move and indeed the whole roadmap going forward is that a lot of the actors are just too old, RDJ was great in Ironman 1 and managed to shine in the first Avengers. It's been the law of diminishing returns ever since. He'll need to suit up just to be able to get himself off down the shops soon. Sorry but I want my heroes in their 20/30s not their 40/50/60s!

Renner is 44

Ruffalo is 47

RDJ is 50

Jackson is 67

How do those numbers add up? It might be a billion at the box office but it's over two centuries worth of wrinkles and incontinence pads.

So 44 is when incontinence sets in? Good to know.

So marvel is making the twins get there powers by experiments? Aren't they mutants? Or did they just change it all up cause they can't be mutants?

He was using the infinity gem to try and create powered individuals.

Only the twins were able to survive the process, implying they already had something unique or different about them. They changed it because they dont have mutants, but they do technically leave the door open to be any explanation, (hopefully mutants one day when they reclaim the rights)

OK,

I don't buy that he's dead either. He has such a rich history with the Inhumans on the page it would be wrong to lose him right at the dawning of the Inhumans in the MCU. But who knows?

He's is definitely dead. The most likely reason they killed him specifically is because Fox was already using him and it works as a good plot device. They can assert their right to use him, have it as a motivating factor for Wanda, and get rid of him without leaving fans to confused over the same character in both movies.

However, given that it is HIGHLY likely that both Captain America and Thor die in their respective upcoming movies and are resurrected via the infinity gauntlet, I think its very possible Pietro will be restored during the Infinity War as well.

Some guys think it's the best thing since sliced bread. Good for you. It's surely not an awful movie. Plus there's great pieces within. Thor and Vision are worth seeing it for them alone.

I go to the movies 4-5 times a week (the joys of a subscription card), so I see practically everything that's released.

But then for some people this will be their sole outing to the flicks for months, is this a bad film for those kind of folks? Hmmmm, probably not.

But is this a 'good' movie in the way that GoTG was a good movie? No. Plainly not.

I like the first Avengers and most of the MCU, the bigger problem for this move and indeed the whole roadmap going forward is that a lot of the actors are just too old, RDJ was great in Ironman 1 and managed to shine in the first Avengers. It's been the law of diminishing returns ever since. He'll need to suit up just to be able to get himself off down the shops soon. Sorry but I want my heroes in their 20/30s not their 40/50/60s!

Renner is 44

Ruffalo is 47

RDJ is 50

Jackson is 67

Please cut and paste this and put it behind your mirror, so that when you get out of your 20's and 30's, you can look and see what you wrote, lol.

I for one am grateful that they chose GOOD ACTORS;) ...btw, there is an audience who are older than their 30's;) and although they may not have the time to go to the movies 5 times a week, they might have some extra spending money they can use for merchandise;)

I'll be sad when RDJ is no longer playing Iron Man, he's done such a great job that to me, he IS Iron Man...and my one concern before was that he was too short.

OK,

He's is definitely dead. The most likely reason they killed him specifically is because Fox was already using him and it works as a good plot device. They can assert their right to use him, have it as a motivating factor for Wanda, and get rid of him without leaving fans to confused over the same character in both movies.

However, given that it is HIGHLY likely that both Captain America and Thor die in their respective upcoming movies and are resurrected via the infinity gauntlet, I think its very possible Pietro will be restored during the Infinity War as well.

I thought I was watching all the TV superhero stuff already, lol...where is Fox using him already?

OK,

I thought I was watching all the TV superhero stuff already, lol...where is Fox using him already?

X-men

Thanks to everyone for their feedback and opinions so far. The wife and I decided to wait for this upcoming weekend to go see the movie, but I'm still expecting the theatre to be fairly busy (especially if the movie does $90-$110 million during its 2nd weekend like it should.) We were of the mindset to avoid the crowds on what was likely going to be a busy opening (and I'm sure others were too). I expect this upcoming weekend to be a strong one, not only with repeat viewers but first timers as well.

For the record, I like the original Avengers movie, but its not at the top of my Favorite's list, largely due to the lackluster third Act. It's okay to sit through, and I've actually learned to enjoy it more as I rewatch it, but I'm still much more of a fan of the first 2 acts of the movie. Hopefully, this one gets it right, even with the 40 minutes of additional story being cut....

Renner is 44

Ruffalo is 47

RDJ is 50

Jackson is 67

Please cut and paste this and put it behind your mirror, so that when you get out of your 20's and 30's, you can look and see what you wrote, lol.

I for one am grateful that they chose GOOD ACTORS;) ...btw, there is an audience who are older than their 30's;) and although they may not have the time to go to the movies 5 times a week, they might have some extra spending money they can use for merchandise;)

I'll be sad when RDJ is no longer playing Iron Man, he's done such a great job that to me, he IS Iron Man...and my one concern before was that he was too short.

Indeed, RDJ is to Iron Man as Sean Connery is to James Bond. Although 44 years later I think the franchise found someone who is just as good in Daniel Craig.

I do find it quite hilarious that koollectablz believes shortly after 50 you are just elderly and need replaced. I would kill a baby seal with a lincoln log set during passover to look like RDJ does at 50!