• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Fraud #15 ?

628 posts in this topic

It would take extraordinary patience and understanding on someone's part who has a reputation to maintain in the comics community to laugh this one off. I feel genuinely sorry for anyone whose image has been misused in this way. Add "defamation of character" to supercop10's list?

Considering his image is being linked to a scam, I think he will be pissed. But I have been wrong before.

I'm slightly intrigued by the fact that Wally's post has broken images, and I haven't been able to find an open source copy of them anywhere.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say there is a good chance someone lurking (possibly even a member) snagged these images awhile back, and not recently.

The only exception would be if this image was posted on his Facebook (which would not be a source that could be copied for public domain or cached copy purposing).

Yeah, but it's also a great example why people should search sellers reputations before dealing with them. It's the 5th result when you search superkop10.

rob_react_result_zpsbdd125d5.jpg

It's not necessarily a negative post, but as soon as you see the image is identical to the one currently listed, it should make the average person think twice.

Has anyone PM'ed Joeypost or Wally about this if they haven't seen it either. This is misuse of their image if they are in no way a part of this sale and should contact ebay to have the image removed. This is misrepresenting their reputation and assumed endorsement of the sale/authenticity of the comic being sold.

Not that it's on any of us to save the unwitting bidders but would registering a bunch of bogus unverified ebay accounts and bidding this into oblivion and then ignore/not pay do the trick in case ebay doesn't do anything to remove it or would the act of inflating the bid price make the potential fees too enticing for ebay to decided ignore the fraud.

I gotta jet, but if Joey or Wally (preferably the owner of the image) do see this or someone manages to contact them, perhaps let them know this is something that should probably go beyond reporting it to eBay, and possibly reporting it to the DMCA to make sure eBay understands the severity and doesn't loaf around too long before someone gets burned.

I have not PM'd them, as I don't know them. But, I hope some friend of theirs will let them know about this in the most respectful way possible.

I don't know enough about unregistered accounts on Ebay to say "yes" to such an idea. I'd be concerned for any possible harm that might come back to someone making a false bid, however justified. The hope, of course, is that an Ebay customer care rep's mailbox will be exploding with fraud complaints and they'll just take down the listing out of an abundance of caution sooner rather than later.

reported to ebay! its easy and fun! everyone should!

I have not PM'd them, as I don't know them. But, I hope some friend of theirs will let them know about this in the most respectful way possible.

I don't know enough about unregistered accounts on Ebay to say "yes" to such an idea. I'd be concerned for any possible harm that might come back to someone making a false bid, however justified. The hope, of course, is that an Ebay customer care rep's mailbox will be exploding with fraud complaints and they'll just take down the listing out of an abundance of caution sooner rather than later.

I PM'd joeypost about an hour ago.