• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Fraud #15 ?

628 posts in this topic

Considering his image is being linked to a scam, I think he will be pissed. But I have been wrong before.

Wow.

I am upset for a few reason. The fact I look hung over in that photo being #1.

Considering his image is being linked to a scam, I think he will be pissed. But I have been wrong before.

Wow.

Three hours of sleep will do that to you. Every con I see you at, you are in awesome spirits on Thursday, and you look like grim death on Sunday!

Watch out for the German auctions with the usernames in the photos. Total frauds. I tracked it down to a guy named Tito. I found his facebook page and a ton of other info. He's running under several usernames. Tell tale sign is Germany and stamping his ebay name into his photos.

Yeah, that's Wally holding the book and Joey in the background.

Definitely, long time boardie. He'll be shocked and either amused or pissed once he stumbles across this. He posted that image here shortly after he bought it, and I'm guessing the guy scamming found it linked here via a Google search.

Yeah, I reported this to eBay as a fraud.

This was a photo taken by Mike (when he used to go by the handle "Big Mike" here on the boards). He posted the pic in his report of heroes.

It's sad that you can't even post con pics of good times on a chat board, but it's a reality anything put up on the net is accessible to everyone (including dirtbags).

sorry to have posed in front of you Joey.

How friggin' weird.

I just stumbled on this thread -- and thought the pic looked familar -- that was right after you got it -- and theres the stash of Spect. Spidey #1`s I found and turned Joey onto in the background -- how sad -- I must have deleated that pic from my photobucket a couple years ago at least -- :pullhair: I`m feeling anger too ....

Rocky Point is in Pender Co. I am hosting a meeting there tomorrow night. I'm going to message this guy and ask if I can see the book in hand before making a bid. See what his answer is.

Cool.I just messaged him asking if I won it,could I do a pick up on it.Lets see what he answers.

Hope this scum gets nailed.

So I message this guy about meeting to view the comic and here's his response:

"Sorry but for security reasin i cannit risj that. Thanks"

Here is my response:

"I completely understand as safety and security should be priority #1. I am friends with the owners of both comic shops in Wilmington. Would it be possible to use one of them as an intermediary? I could meet you at their shop to view the comic?. My meeting in Pender County is actually with members of county government. I have character references that I can provide relative to the fact. My meeting tomorrow night (7/23) is actually open to the public. Would it be possible to meet then? Law enforcement will be on site, so I hope that could ease any fears you may have. I would just like to see the book prior to making any bid. I'm sure you can understand that with a book of this value I have to be sure that the book is in proper condition relative to the price i am willing to pay."

I'll keep you guys updated. Even if the book goes poof I'm going to keep pressing him for more info.

Wow.

Three hours of sleep will do that to you. Every con I see you at, you are in awesome spirits on Thursday, and you look like grim death on Sunday!

That's going to be the formula for WW Chicago. Only I am starting on Wednesday morning :cry:

Current response regarding viewing the book tomorrow:

"Maybe. but not tomorrow because i'll be sleeping during the day...i'll let know if we can. Thanks"

Currently asking him about visible defects on the book. Next step is to ask if he is in the pic.

Currently asking him about visible defects on the book. Next step is to ask if he is in the pic.

Current response regarding viewing the book tomorrow:

"Maybe. but not tomorrow because i'll be sleeping during the day...i'll let know if we can. Thanks"

Love it. I knew I was running my business all wrong :)

Edited by gregreece