• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

Haha do I have access to IEPs? I teach AP with a good balance of inclusion. There is a pretty good stack in my filing cabinet at work.

I knew you were an English teacher. I'd imagine that every school is different in regards to distribution of IEPs.

I believe legally they have to be given to every teacher of the student. They are a legal document and the system can be sewed if I don't follow it. Heck, I might even be able to be held liable.

My understanding from a legal standpoint is that IEP info is to be shared with all teachers not necessarily distributed. Maybe it's different everywhere, maybe I'm wrong. I don't know.

It has to be given in writing. That is what I learned in graduate school.

I'll admit though, I have so many that I just check accomidations. I teach every lesson in an attempt to reach all my students. As a dyslexic, I try very hard to make it accesible for all.

Last year, I had over 40 IEPs so it wasn't like I was going to keep 'em all straight.

40 is a lot for one year. You must work at a very large school.

I should clarify my earlier comment. I stress distributed. Meaning a physical copy of the IEP could be shared/discussed at team meetings that you attend but you don't necessarily have to have a personal copy on hand. You having viewed/understood the physical copy is enough. Parents/caregivers must be given a physical copy. That's my understanding, and I admit that I very well could be wrong.

Haha do I have access to IEPs? I teach AP with a good balance of inclusion. There is a pretty good stack in my filing cabinet at work.

I knew you were an English teacher. I'd imagine that every school is different in regards to distribution of IEPs.

I believe legally they have to be given to every teacher of the student. They are a legal document and the system can be sewed if I don't follow it. Heck, I might even be able to be held liable.

My understanding from a legal standpoint is that IEP info is to be shared with all teachers not necessarily distributed. Maybe it's different everywhere, maybe I'm wrong. I don't know.

It has to be given in writing. That is what I learned in graduate school.

I'll admit though, I have so many that I just check accomidations. I teach every lesson in an attempt to reach all my students. As a dyslexic, I try very hard to make it accesible for all.

Last year, I had over 40 IEPs so it wasn't like I was going to keep 'em all straight.

40 is a lot for one year. You must work at a very large school.

I should clarify my earlier comment. I stress distributed. Meaning a physical copy of the IEP could be shared/discussed at team meetings that you attend but you don't necessarily have to have a personal copy on hand. You having viewed/understood the physical copy is enough. Parents/caregivers must be given a physical copy. That's my understanding, and I admit that I very well could be wrong.

Teachers have to be given something. It can be a Snapshot - something my school used to do - or the entire IEP. If you've ever seen them, they are actually pretty vague. Most parents don't even show up to the IEP meetings in my school.

At the height of my year, I had 172 students last year. It was awful at times, but rewarding at others. The worst part was that my two biggest inclusion classes were last period. Needless to say, it was very interesting.

when I first saw the title to thread oh so many months ago-- I thought there would be a baseball theme going on or sports in comics etc.....

instead, this happened....

Qwjj0hu.gif

Despite not being able to review different angles of that particular play, I'd guess the batting team would be awarded first base due to interference, and a pinch runner substituted(obviously).

does learning disability trump aspergers?

Asperger syndrome is a learning disability.

FYI, aspergers is now a dated diagnosis having been newly recognized(2013) as part of the Autism Spectrum Disorder. Aspergers =Autism. That was, and still is, a big deal in the medical world.

Beat me to it. It's now considered high functioning autism I believe, but Aspergers is no more.

It is still thrown around. My son was diagnosed with Aspergers at age 6. He just had a placement evaluation as he is 17 and will be entering the work force soon. His diagnosis was changed to Autism (very high functioning) and the report had no mention of Aspergers in it.

Banned.

jasonharris52

Banned. Shill.

That guy was an a-hole.

Some people said he was AlleyBat/Harold. He seemed a bit "smarter" to me than that, but I'm not the best shill detector. He certainly had that confrontational style.

I think it was Rtheda based on the arrogant style