• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

GoCollect is $5.99 a month. Enter the 30 Day Free Trial code from the banner ad at the top of the page and give it a try. I like it.

I will be once my year subscription runs out with GPA if, GPA is not reporting on all slabs.

So you'd give up a service that doesn't include the "other" companies, but has 12+ years of data from a multitude of sales platforms and switch to a service that has less than 2 years of data collected solely from eBay? :shrug:

I would easily give up a service that did not encompass the other company's slabs if the other company shows substantial impact in the marketplace. What the value of a book was outside of the last three to five years is meaningless for most books.

Say for example that we get to a point where 1/3 of the books on eBay, Comic Connect or CLink are graded by the competition that we are not allowed to name. I am interested in how the competition fares in comparison to it's CGC counterpart. That is what interests me. If I do not have access to that data, I will find a company that does.

Go Collect said at one point that they were working with Heritage to gain access to their data as well. If companies are going to start choosing sides, that may not come to be especially with the Heritage interest in CCG as a business entity. However, other dealers presently do not share that view of exclusivity as they are already offering the competitors books. If GoCollect reaches out, who is to say that they will not participate given that they are already committing part of their inventory with CGC's competition?

It is a wait and see approach, but if the competition gains a serious foothold, I am going to be very interested in any type of report to see how their performance level holds up against a CGC book.

If encapsulation is seen as a good business model and is generating competition in this space of the hobby, it strikes me that if GPA doesn't expand to include all slab sales that there is a business opportunity for a company that wants to pull all that data together (and make it sortable by encapsulation company) for collectors.

It's just that simple right?

Well, perhaps not as simple as blowing off someone's casual observation with a dismissive one-liner. :foryou:

I am not sure if I would call legit comp a casual observation.

There is a new grading company started by the GUY that created the first one.

I'm not looking for a fight, chief, and I never said anything was simple.

I decided to share an observation about GPA data (not grading companies) that you chose to be snarky about. I'm not understanding where your apparent acrimony is coming from, but perhaps as a relative board newbie I am unaware that this is your modus operandi?

When the full moon comes out, he comes out to troll. Just ignore 'im.

GoCollect is $5.99 a month. Enter the 30 Day Free Trial code from the banner ad at the top of the page and give it a try. I like it.

I will be once my year subscription runs out with GPA if, GPA is not reporting on all slabs.

So you'd give up a service that doesn't include the "other" companies, but has 12+ years of data from a multitude of sales platforms and switch to a service that has less than 2 years of data collected solely from eBay? :shrug:

I would easily give up a service that did not encompass the other company's slabs if the other company shows substantial impact in the marketplace. What the value of a book was outside of the last three to five years is meaningless for most books.

Say for example that we get to a point where 1/3 of the books on eBay, Comic Connect or CLink are graded by the competition that we are not allowed to name. I am interested in how the competition fares in comparison to it's CGC counterpart. That is what interests me. If I do not have access to that data, I will find a company that does.

Go Collect said at one point that they were working with Heritage to gain access to their data as well. If companies are going to start choosing sides, that may not come to be especially with the Heritage interest in CCG as a business entity. However, other dealers presently do not share that view of exclusivity as they are already offering the competitors books. If GoCollect reaches out, who is to say that they will not participate given that they are already committing part of their inventory with CGC's competition?

It is a wait and see approach, but if the competition gains a serious foothold, I am going to be very interested in any type of report to see how their performance level holds up against a CGC book.

I don't know. I think I will decide what a book is worth to me. Do I need to pay another company to tell what a book is worth to me. NOpe.

I don't know. I think I will decide what a book is worth to me. Do I need to pay another company to tell what a book is worth to me. NOpe.

PEtZboL.pngUzWH1ki.png

PEtZboL.pngUzWH1ki.png

KAV, I know u need attention. But please......you know nothing regarding the history on these boards

PEtZboL.pngUzWH1ki.png

KAV, I know u need attention. But please......you know nothing regarding the history on these boards

\

Ok Cal

PEtZboL.pngUzWH1ki.png

\

Ok Cal

lol..... you could only wish you knew Cals history here. Is best u not test me.

PEtZboL.pngUzWH1ki.png

\

Ok Cal

Please don't summon the Kraken

PEtZboL.pngUzWH1ki.png

\

Ok Cal

Please don't summon the Kraken

This is my thread. I doubt you even know why it is mine.

But it is mine.

I started it. And I can finish it.

Andy has locked points and I have umpire strikes................

But it is mine.

Andy has locked points and I have umpire strikes….............

Didn't you start it about baseball covers?

And started off with a great Swanderson cover too

But it is mine.

Andy has locked points and I have umpire strikes….............

Didn't you start it about baseball covers?

And started off with a great Swanderson cover too

WOW, u think this thread was about baseballcovers?