• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

This is my thread. I doubt you even know why it is mine.

But it is mine.

I started it. And I can finish it.

Andy has locked points and I have umpire strikes….............

Didn't you start it about baseball covers?

And started off with a great Swanderson cover too

WOW, u think this thread was about baseballcovers?

I have umpire strikes................

Several.

:whistle:

Yuppert......This therad is all about my strikessss........Is nasty yes

Are you sure it wasn't about baseball covers? It seems like it was about baseball covers…

WOW, if u r serious on this u need PM me. u can not be that slooooowwwwwwwwwwww

Several.

Are you sure it wasn't about baseball covers? It seems like it was about baseball covers…

I don't care that much… I'm sick of everyone saying, "If you want the true story, PM me." It just breeds (I got it right) these stupid inner circles and who is in the "know."

Several.

I don't care that much… I'm sick of everyone saying, "If you want the true story, PM me." It just breeds (I got it right) these stupid inner circles and who is in the "know."

Yeah, what I love is the old timers who complain about how bad things are, particularly the n00bs (defined as those who joined sometime after the complainer), and how all this strife didn't happen "back in the day." And then about half the posts made by the old timers are snipes at other old timers who they dislike because of some feud going back 5 or 10 years.

Good times.

GoCollect is $5.99 a month. Enter the 30 Day Free Trial code from the banner ad at the top of the page and give it a try. I like it.

I will be once my year subscription runs out with GPA if, GPA is not reporting on all slabs.

So you'd give up a service that doesn't include the "other" companies, but has 12+ years of data from a multitude of sales platforms and switch to a service that has less than 2 years of data collected solely from eBay? :shrug:

Unless you buy and sell mainly estoic Golden Age books or follow pedigree sales, how relevant is ten year old data when the majority of sellers refer to the last sale or the 90 day average?

How relevant is any price tracking service when you can easily search eBay's completed listings yourself? I'm glad you're happy with GoCollect - I'd rather pay for a better service myself.

GoCollect is $5.99 a month. Enter the 30 Day Free Trial code from the banner ad at the top of the page and give it a try. I like it.

I will be once my year subscription runs out with GPA if, GPA is not reporting on all slabs.

So you'd give up a service that doesn't include the "other" companies, but has 12+ years of data from a multitude of sales platforms and switch to a service that has less than 2 years of data collected solely from eBay? :shrug:

Unless you buy and sell mainly estoic Golden Age books or follow pedigree sales, how relevant is ten year old data when the majority of sellers refer to the last sale or the 90 day average?

How relevant is any price tracking service when you can easily search eBay's completed listings yourself? I'm glad you're happy with GoCollect - I'd rather pay for a better service myself.

why pay 4 what u can get 4free?

What I want to know is did Timern really deserve what he got? He didn't really spam did he? Didn't he just invite some people to come over and check out his little message board,is that so wrong? I guess I just don't see how this is such a big deal. (shrug)

What I want to know is did Timern really deserve what he got? He didn't really spam did he? Didn't he just invite some people to come over and check out his little message board,is that so wrong? I guess I just don't see how this is such a big deal. (shrug)

I joined their forum after receiving the initial invite. Then I got two more PMs saying I haven't been to the forum in a while and it has changed etc.

Truthfully, it was spam and if he was warned about it and didn't stop...yes he deserved the strike in my opinion.

I joined their forum after receiving the initial invite. Then I got two more PMs saying I haven't been to the forum in a while and it has changed etc.

Truthfully, it was spam and if he was warned about it and didn't stop...yes he deserved the strike in my opinion.

Well I'm not afraid to say that I like their little message board,but my loyalty will always be here.

It's probably not. However...if I received a pm mentioning my statue collection and didn't actually own a single statue, I can see why that would be perceived as Spam. I really don't believe Tim meant harm, but with the volume of pm's sent out there were sure to be some who considered the messages inappropriate.

Come on. It like RMA and Joey posting the press service. Its the same game...........you just need to find the players..

I must be missing something, but if I am not, I agree that three strikes all at once may have been a bit much. There are some that have said and done worse and have received less.

No tin foil here, I just guess, since those are the rules after all.

Yep, he sent out a bunch of messages inviting folks to participate in a different online comics discussion board, and since CGC is in the business of online comics discussion boards, that makes him a competitor, and that is against the rules.

So he got three strikes all at once, cause that's what the rules says he should get. At least I assume that's the rule, I couldn't find it anywhere, but you guys wouldn't just make these things up.

He got two different private warnings, and a wrist slap that resulted in a suspension, and loss of his PM privileges. Throughout that process he responded by trying to subtly push his agenda in new and interesting ways as opposed to just acknowledging the issue and stopping, ultimately culminating in making a second account to continue the process.

So yes, if someone responds to moderator guidance by showing a clear desire to ignore the spirit of those guidelines, then they will run into accelerated strikes. It's not the first time, and unfortunately, probably won't be the last.

The relevant phrasing here is, "in certain cases at our discretion, moderation uses a strike and warning system to help members shape their posting in a way that's in line with moderation policies."

What that means is we're issuing those kinds of warnings as a way to allow members time to adjust their posting to be in line with moderation and frankly to give them some time off to cool down and think about their situation. In cases where it's obvious that a slow strike process is just going to result in someone playing the system we accelerate the strikes.

If people aren't posting in good faith, they don't get leeway.

According to this though, he got a wrist slap, private warnings and loss of pms and he still did it. I feel like they really had no choice at that point.

No tin foil here, I just guess, since those are the rules after all.

Yep, he sent out a bunch of messages inviting folks to participate in a different online comics discussion board, and since CGC is in the business of online comics discussion boards, that makes him a competitor, and that is against the rules.

So he got three strikes all at once, cause that's what the rules says he should get. At least I assume that's the rule, I couldn't find it anywhere, but you guys wouldn't just make these things up.

He got two different private warnings, and a wrist slap that resulted in a suspension, and loss of his PM privileges. Throughout that process he responded by trying to subtly push his agenda in new and interesting ways as opposed to just acknowledging the issue and stopping, ultimately culminating in making a second account to continue the process.

So yes, if someone responds to moderator guidance by showing a clear desire to ignore the spirit of those guidelines, then they will run into accelerated strikes. It's not the first time, and unfortunately, probably won't be the last.

The relevant phrasing here is, "in certain cases at our discretion, moderation uses a strike and warning system to help members shape their posting in a way that's in line with moderation policies."

What that means is we're issuing those kinds of warnings as a way to allow members time to adjust their posting to be in line with moderation and frankly to give them some time off to cool down and think about their situation. In cases where it's obvious that a slow strike process is just going to result in someone playing the system we accelerate the strikes.

If people aren't posting in good faith, they don't get leeway.

According to this though, he got a wrist slap, private warnings and loss of pms and he still did it. I feel like they really had no choice at that point.

Keep in mind you are only getting one side of the story, without the other side having a chance to present his.

I think it's pretty clear he spammed boardies Dave. 600 is most of the active comic collectors here. And according to posts in this thread, he pmed boardies to go to the other site and talk about their statue collections - boardies who didn't have statues.

And I think the moderators have pretty easy on him considering he created a second account after his strikes. He's lucky he wasn't banned IMHO.

I think it's pretty clear he spammed boardies Dave. 600 is most of the active comic collectors here. And according to posts in this thread, he pmed boardies to go to the other site and talk about their statue collections - boardies who didn't have statues.

And I think the moderators have pretty easy on him considering he created a second account after his strikes. He's lucky he wasn't banned IMHO.

That would do it then. I need to check out what he is saying 'over there' though.