• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

My local KFC pretty much exclusively employs coloured skin employees. I was completely unaware of any racist associations regarding KFC or its name.

My local KFC pretty much exclusively employs coloured skin employees. I was completely unaware of any racist associations regarding KFC or its name.

It's not the letters KFC that are racist. It's the stereotype that all black people like fried chicken... and watermelon... and collard greens... and pigs feet. I guess a new, modern stereotype would be red and purple Kool-Aid.

Any way, it isn't the food or the initials that are racist. It's the context in which they are used. Get a grip people.

:facepalm:

It's not the letters KFC that are racist. It's the stereotype that all black people like fried chicken... and watermelon... and collard greens... and pigs feet. I guess a new, modern stereotype would be red and purple Kool-Aid.

Any way, it isn't the food or the initials that are racist. It's the context in which they are used. Get a grip people.

:idea:

are there other racial connections to other restaurants or companies?

We used to eat at Sambo's all the time when I was a kid, but they are now long gone....,

Please take this to another planet or at least the water cooler and start a thread there.

I like fried chicken and watermelon. I'll pass on collard greens and pig feets.

I'll also pass on buying anything from Larry. :cloud9:

errrmahgawd. Ya'll have turned my weak attempt at humor regarding the current mod methods into some sort of racial krap.

If ya'll can't post a baseball cover or a link to a strike go do your thing in the water cooler!

errrmahgawd. Ya'll have turned my weak attempt at humor regarding the current mod methods into some sort of racial krap.

If ya'll can't post a baseball cover or a link to a strike go do your thing in the water cooler!

there is a water cooler thread? hm

We used to eat at Sambo's all the time when I was a kid, but they are now long gone....,

The original restaurant is still open it was named for the owners Sam and Bo..but became associated with the story later and adopted it into their decor..

Yes there is !

You all need to stop all this "Denny's" fast food stuff and stop in and look at my "rupp-tured" birdie finger lol

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6972203&fpart=1

Yes there is !

You all need to stop all this "Denny's" fast food stuff and stop in and look at my "rupp-tured" birdie finger lol

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6972203&fpart=1

mmm. i love Dennys. $2 $4 $6 and $8 menus...

you ruptured your finger? hope you feel better

I smashed my finger today as well between a chair...

all this talk about KFC and Dennys got me hungry

Yes there is !

mmm. i love Dennys. $2 $4 $6 and $8 menus...

you ruptured your finger? hope you feel better

I smashed my finger today as well between a chair...

all this talk about KFC and Dennys got me hungry

Mr. Diggler has dubbed it the boardie injury thread... so take a pic and post it over there. Hold a chicken leg and gross every body out lol

How do you misspell y'all?