• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

using the "R" has no place anywhere....

its offensive and unwanted....

dont say "No Offense"

No dear..he is saying that being retarded..and having downs syndrome are two different things..

and he is quite correct..

He was not using it in a derogatory way he was explaining they are different..he did not want to offend you by pointing out your mistake..

I appreciate you explaining it to him. If someone wants to be offended I guess they can find something to be offended by (shrug)

dont say "No Offense"

No dear..he is saying that being retarded..and having downs syndrome are two different things..

He was not using it in a derogatory way he was explaining they are different..he did not want to offend you by pointing out your mistake..

I appreciate you explaining it to him. If someone wants to be offended I guess they can find something to be offended by (shrug)

there is no proper way to use "R" word and people not be offended especially when they were raised with a special needs family member....

anyway, keep saying it as long as you feel ok about it....

im not smart enough to even know how to properly troll or all the racist restuarant affiliations (shrug)

Add lack or grammar and spelling to that resume. :baiting:

Reading comprehension too - it's not the restaurants that are racist :makepoint:

your the expert on what is racist not me (thumbs u

Which is to say, I'm not retarded :eyeroll:

*smacks hand* Sorry sweetie I don't like the use of the r word that way. *Looks at him sternly*

Okay..wanna come over and read some comics..I promise..sharpie markers and like objects..

Sorry hon.... :sorry:

dont say "No Offense"

there is no proper way to use "R" word and people not be offended especially when they were raised with a special needs family member....

Wow, all of a sudden you know something about something. Amazing!

dont say "No Offense"

I didn't say anything except that mental retardation and down syndrome are not the same thing.

This is what we have the Water Coo....

Who am I kidding... the Comics forum should have it's own Water Cooler so we can wildly_fanciful_statement in with the people who we engage with in the Comics Forum...

Until then... post away in CG

dont say "No Offense"

I didn't say anything except that mental retardation and down syndrome are not the same thing.

I sent him a PM further outlining his error in reading comprehension.

Along with an quote from an article explaining the difference..in the two..

best I can do for you dear..

It's all good..I still wuv you...

now you know better..next time I back hand you..

It's a New England thing. At least I didn't use "wicked" as an adjective.

In my mind you always tack it on.."Wicked good run of books" "It's wicked dahk where did I pahk the cah?" "Latah" "put yah sharpie in the drawrer" "I'm wahcin the sahx"

dont say "No Offense"

Way more than was necessary, but appreciated regardless :foryou:

dont say "No Offense"

there is no error in being offended by the "R" word.... :facepalm:

c'mon dont insult me anymore than everyone has.... :juggle:

whats next? dont be offended by the n word????? (shrug)

but hey thats a cool Superman cover (thumbs u

dont say "No Offense"

I'm offended by offense.

SupermanBB.jpg

your superman is really cool. Im looking for Superman #76

I just picked up a super rare New Zealand version of the first team up of Superman and Batman which printed Worlds Finest #71.

it was New Zealands introduction to them getting together. They see it as an original as opposed to the American version

awesome book you have there

dont say "No Offense"

I'm offended by offense.

i just took offense of your offense of my past offense hm

dont say "No Offense"

I never said the "r" word, nor did I refer to anyone as the "r" word or call you the "r" word (shrug)