• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

using the "R" has no place anywhere....

its offensive and unwanted....

dont say "No Offense"

No dear..he is saying that being retarded..and having downs syndrome are two different things..

and he is quite correct..

He was not using it in a derogatory way he was explaining they are different..he did not want to offend you by pointing out your mistake..

I appreciate you explaining it to him. If someone wants to be offended I guess they can find something to be offended by (shrug)

there is no proper way to use "R" word and people not be offended especially when they were raised with a special needs family member....

anyway, keep saying it as long as you feel ok about it....

I didn't say anything except that mental retardation and down syndrome are not the same thing.

I sent him a PM further outlining his error in reading comprehension.

Along with an quote from an article explaining the difference..in the two..

best I can do for you dear..

Way more than was necessary, but appreciated regardless :foryou:

there is no error in being offended by the "R" word.... :facepalm:

c'mon dont insult me anymore than everyone has.... :juggle:

whats next? dont be offended by the n word????? (shrug)

but hey thats a cool Superman cover (thumbs u

I never said the "r" word, nor did I refer to anyone as the "r" word or call you the "r" word (shrug)

yeah i know. bleepers said it...

its all good. the superman baseball cover is what is important here :idea:

Can I still use phrases like "Short Bus" and "Snoopy Helmet"? Or are vehicles and safety equipment also part of the ban on the word?

Can I still use phrases like "Short Bus" and "Snoopy Helmet"? Or are vehicles and safety equipment also part of the ban on the word?

lol Snoopy helmet!

Er, I mean... (tsk)

No, wait. I was right the first time.

lollollol

whats a snoopy helmet? a helmet that looks like snoopy kinda like the Hello Kitty helmets????

Don't fall for it, Dr. Balls! I think this is just his weird way of getting back at the board for the strike he received. He was masking swear words and disparaging other people's books. He might be playing dumb (?) to goad people into getting a Strike.

I'm immune, of course.

Another strike for CAL? I don't even think I saw him write more than a handful of posts since he got back from the last strike.

For real. I missed it all. Usually a strike from him is preceded by a few days of glorious meltdown. :(

Another strike for CAL? I don't even think I saw him write more than a handful of posts since he got back from the last strike.

For real. I missed it all. Usually a strike from him is preceded by a few days of glorious meltdown. :(

How close is he to banned land? hm

Closer than Dupcake is to restored books. :D

whats a snoopy helmet? a helmet that looks like snoopy kinda like the Hello Kitty helmets????

Don't fall for it, Dr. Balls! I think this is just his weird way of getting back at the board for the strike he received. He was masking swear words and disparaging other people's books. He might be playing dumb (?) to goad people into getting a Strike.

I'm immune, of course.

you tell 'em Bleepers! (thumbs u (thumbs u

but hey thanks for giving me credit that i cold possibly get people striked. :foryou:

im here to talk comics my friend. im glad you are here to warn the others! :applause:

Considering that one long time coinee has about 13 strikes against his many names and is still here I'd guess that Cal will be around for a long time as well.

Considering that one long time coinee has about 13 strikes against his many names and is still here I'd guess that Cal will be around for a long time as well.

:tonofbricks:

I'm immune, of course.

but hey thanks for giving me credit that i cold possibly get people striked. :foryou:

im here to talk comics my friend. im glad you are here to warn the others! :applause:

After all this I have to figure it's an act, you can't possibly really be this stupid.

I'm immune, of course.

After all this I have to figure it's an act, you can't possibly really be this stupid.

how am i stupid? what act? keep em coming Bleepers :makepoint:

im just here to talk comics, not have u insult me. (tsk)

but yeah thanks (thumbs u

What are you guys talking about?

Bleepers is a conspiracy theorist that I am secretly stupid and wants to get him striked, but rest assured he is "immune" :roflmao:

i just want to talk comics but Mr. Pelican Brief over here thinks he has figured me out (thumbs u

my agenda is im a foreign comic key and set collector, i source and find books for lots of people that like foreign versions of their favorite comics...