• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Onyx Comic Book Frames?

10 posts in this topic

I suppose for a comic you don't care too much about, it looks good. But I wouldn't want to have a collectible comic framed and hanging up on a wall for more than a few days because of exposure to light.

I suppose for a comic you don't care too much about, it looks good. But I wouldn't want to have a collectible comic framed and hanging up on a wall for more than a few days because of exposure to light.

Non-UV Light Bulbs. Same price as a regular flourescent bulb. I have these in my basement, and a bunch of comics and art on display.

Just use common sense when displaying your comic books and you will be fine, obviously don't hang them in front of a large picture window. The less direct sunlight the better, I have been displaying books for years (with no worries or damage done) and have done a lot of research on the effects and how to protect the books from UV damage while on display. Look for frames with UV protection (like ours, haha) or other companies like Gweedos Showcase offers them as well.

Keep Calm

and

chose the

right Frame

Just use common sense when displaying your comic books and you will be fine, obviously don't hang them in front of a large picture window. The less direct sunlight the better, I have been displaying books for years (with no worries or damage done) and have done a lot of research on the effects and how to protect the books from UV damage while on display. Look for frames with UV protection (like ours, haha) or other companies like Gweedos Showcase offers them as well.

Keep Calm

and

chose the

right Frame

If you're going to plug your product, you should include a link, or have one in your signature lol.

Has anyone tried these before? They look really cool.

http://www.aifriedman.com/browse.cfm/onyx-comic-book-frame-6.75x10.375/4,3733.html

Ive thought about it since they do sell these at a hobby sore local to me. But $22 is a bit steep.

That company sells really cool CD display cases that i ve bought a few of and i really like them.

Has anyone tried these before? They look really cool.

http://www.aifriedman.com/browse.cfm/onyx-comic-book-frame-6.75x10.375/4,3733.html

Ive thought about it since they do sell these at a hobby sore local to me. But $22 is a bit steep.

That company sells really cool CD display cases that i ve bought a few of and i really like them.

Another thing, that add says its a glass front. It isnt (at least not at the store near me) its plastic and i have no idea how archival it is.

Keep Calm

and

chose the

right Frame

If you're going to plug your product, you should include a link, or have one in your signature lol.

Ya, I didn't want to everyone off and think I was coming in here as a newbie and pushing my product all over. Also, I do just want to make sure everyone is correctly informed about available products and options out there.

But since you asked... www.thecollectorsresource.com lol.