• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Letter 44 Oni

600 posts in this topic

Has anyone had a chance to read this yet ? I have been seeing bits and pieces about it like

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2013/03/eccc-soule-alburquerque-head-to-space-for-letter-44/

I would also like to know if this was an SDCC only item or can you buy it elsewhere. On ebay its already bringing a premium like this (not mine)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271244747405?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Letter-44-1-SDCC-exclusive-black-white-early-release-Oni-Press-/121145717291?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1c34d8f22b

Thanks for posting the links. I removed it from my pull list on DCBS. While it sounds interesting I cannot get past the art.

Nah, they shipped well.

Just want to remind those want to flip what happen to all those helheim exclusives.

everybody got copies, start to sell some to recover cost.

End result was an oversupply and prices started dropping.

I'd like to agree with you but a print run of 500 is not a over supply by any stretch of the imagination. 2c

The expectation that this company or any other for that matter will ship you NM+ books is a little unrealistic.

In some cases I get books in manila envelopes from comic book companies because either they don't care or just don't aren't aware of condition sensitive buyers.

The last 3 companies I have bought books from their websites have arrived in either a manila envelope or a flat rate with little protection even though I begged them.

I will say that my last Forbidden Planet shipment was much improved overall from the usual one they send. Its the only company I continue to order variants from lately.

Mine came in as well. Both are mint. No issues I can see at all.

+1

My copies are all lookin' fresh to death.

Chainnball, you might want to contact them. They have a good rep when it comes to customer service and could possibly get you some new copies.

+2

Well packaged. I hope they straighten yours out :wishluck:

The expectation that this company or any other for that matter will ship you NM+ books is a little unrealistic.

In some cases I get books in manila envelopes from comic book companies because either they don't care or just don't aren't aware of condition sensitive buyers.

The last 3 companies I have bought books from their websites have arrived in either a manila envelope or a flat rate with little protection even though I begged them.

I will say that my last Forbidden Planet shipment was much improved overall from the usual one they send. Its the only company I continue to order variants from lately.

My order came boxed, protected by bubble wrap envelope, inside a bag and board. Much better than I had hoped for because of what you just stated.

We met Charles Soule, who was a really cool dude, at the Baltimore Comic Con and he gave us a copy of the SDCC #1 and signed it to our store. When we got back from the convention I quickly read it and enjoyed it. Definitely added to the pull list!

Wttb !

On my pull list also. The first issue is only a buck. Hard to go wrong there.

Its not very typical of a publisher to drop a preview at SDCC and than wait this long for the actual series to drop.

That makes me think theres probably something about this title thats going to be really good.

I think it's pretty good so far but I agree, that is a 3 month lead time. Showing a little confidence to say the least.

Oni Press. Helheim #1 was NYCC and wasn't the 1st print in February-March? But I did order one copy because the George Clooney movie trailer convinced me to.

I guess that is their MO. I didn't go to the NYCC. What was in the trailer ?

Here is a little more info from CBR which contains a little more info about the writer, artist, and the comic including a 7 page preview.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=47832

Oni Press. Helheim #1 was NYCC and wasn't the 1st print in February-March? But I did order one copy because the George Clooney movie trailer convinced me to.

I guess that is their MO. I didn't go to the NYCC. What was in the trailer ?

Here is a little more info from CBR which contains a little more info about the writer, artist, and the comic including a 7 page preview.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=47832

Nooo. The George Clooney trailer for his new space movie (Gravity or something?). It had nothing to do with Letter 44 at all hah. I just was like oh space okay I'll order Letter 44.