• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trillium

139 posts in this topic

its a mini series DC book

+1

I love this book so far, but wouldn't be stocking up on floppies.

I think this book is fantastic and have discovered this year that I'm a big time Lemire fan between this and the Green Arrow stuff.

I know you are correct in assuming that the mini series won't hold up as an investment book and based on history, I can see why. I personally collect the floppies anyway. Some of the greatest books ever imho have been minis, maxis, or one shots. The Dark Knight Returns, kingdom Come, Marvels, The Watchmen, the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Death the high Cost of Living, The Killing Joke and World of Krypton lol I through the World of Krypton in there because as a kid, I thought it would be huge and bought 2 copies of number 1 and I wanted to make sure I still had your attention. Nailed that one lol

Anyway, I think we miss the boat by dismissing these new minis. The Wake and Trillium are top notch and if people think they aren't worth taking a chance on, I think they are missing some really great stuff. I know they can buy the trade but I guarantee that Knightfall was a lot more exciting to me reading those floppies and hotly anticipating what was going to happen next than it was not letting it build in the TPB.

rantrant

Don't forget 30 Days of Night...much expensive now.

Yeah, there are lots of heavy hitter minis. One of my favorite books this year was Snapshot. I understand that minis typically don't hold their values. I just don't entirely understand the dynamics of it.

Yeah, there are lots of heavy hitter minis. One of my favorite books this year was Snapshot. I understand that minis typically don't hold their values. I just don't entirely understand the dynamics of it.

Snapshot was awesome! I don't think it ever had any value though...did it? (shrug)

Snapshot was awesome! I don't think it ever had any value though...did it? (shrug)

The first month it was out, #1 sold for around $10 each. It fell by the time #3 came out and now you can buy the whole set for less than $10.

Still haven't read number 4. Opened it and saw how much translation it was going to require, so I've been putting it off until I have enough time to appreciate it.

Translation? I must have missed something, is there a key somewhere?