• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trillium

139 posts in this topic

Wow, there isn't a thread for this.

It's out today and I CAN'T WAIT! :whee:

trillium.jpg

It’s the year 3797, and botanist Nika Temsmith is researching a strange species on a remote science station near the outermost rim of colonized space. It’s the year 1921, and renowned English explorer William Pike leads an expedition into the dense jungles of Peru in search of the fabled “Lost Temple of the Incas,” an elusive sanctuary said to have strange healing properties. Two disparate souls separated by thousands of years and hundreds of millions of miles. Yet they will fall in love and, as a result, bring about the end of the universe. Even though reality is unraveling all around them, nothing can pull them apart. This isn’t just a love story; It’s the LAST love story ever told.

Trillium is an 8-issue series that combines rich historical adventure and mind-bending science fiction into a sprawling, unconventional love story by Jeff Lemire (SWEET TOOTH, CONSTANTINE, ANIMAL MAN).

This amazing miniseries kicks off with 28-pages of story in a flip-book with two covers and two separate but connected stories!

Written by: Jeff Lemire

Art by: Jeff Lemire

Cover by: Jeff Lemire

Color/B&W: Color

Page Count: 32

U.S. Price: 2.99

On Sale Date: Aug 7 2013

:whee:

This is the first review I've seen.

http://behindthepanels.net/review-trillium-1/

Looks like we have a winner here. Vertigo is on fire ( not a barn fire yet ) with this, Collider, and especially The Wake. Sandman is on the way. Looking forward to the other new titles coming out in the next few months.

Will be reading it, even though its a mini, because of Sweet Tooth.

no reason to invest though, plenty will be made.

I remember talking to a few people who read a preview a few months ago.

I ordered 25 copies. I'm probably biased because of Sweet Tooth, but I think this book is going to be amazing.

WOW.

Just read it. Incredible. Serious contender for book of the year, it's that good of a first issue. Bit bummed that everything else I read today is gonna seem mess in comparison.

Jeff Lemire... :cloud9::luhv: <3

Probably a dumb question but i just flipped through before i bought it at my lcs and havent had a chance to go back into it. I noticed each persepctive is basically its own book and you could start from either side. Is there a recomened side to start on?

its a bit tricky, but there is no "wrong" way to read it.

here's what i did

i started with the female side, then when i got to the part that said "Flip the book over",

i did just that and read the male side until i got to the part that said "Flip this book over",

then i went back and continued the female side, until i got to the middle, then wen back

and finished the male side