• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trillium

139 posts in this topic

This was definitely my favorite read of the week, although it was not without its flaws. It was a little heavy on the exposition initially, but I feel like it settled into a groove that piqued my interest quite a bit. The coloring does wonders for the art, as this is miles better than Underwater Welder's. First impression is a solid 9/10. Definitely excited for issue 2!

Is every issue going to be told like number 1? Cool experience that you probably won't get from reading the trade.

Good question, I was wondering the same thing.

I wouldn't expect so seeing as how the characters have now met.

I had some time on my hands tonight and needed to get work off my mind...so I went ahead and decoded the alien language. I'm sure this is posted elsewhere on the 'net at this point but I didn't see it on these boards so I thought someone out there would find it worthwhile. Here you go:

1. "We know who you are. We

have been waiting for

you. You are the daughter.

You are the one who

will undo all. You are

the great destroyer" (** - not sure what the stars indicate here).

"You are

the voice of the mouth.

You are the tongue."

2. Translating....

[same as panel 1, except the last part isn't repeated]

3. "It is time to

once again begin

the unraveling of

worlds. You must

eat before you

enter the mouth

of god."

4. [same as panel 3]

5. "Eat."

Pretty cool!

I haven't picked up any new books in a while, but I will pick this one up based on the rave reviews.

I haven't read this yet but I do have it on the way. If you are looking for some really good newer stuff I would suggest a few

The Wake 1-3

East of West 1-5

Five Ghosts 1-5

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth 1-4

The TPB is already out for Todd and you can still pick the other stuff up for a reasonable price.

Very good!! Question though I want to read the translation that one of you from the board did, but I'm not sure if Lemire left out the translation on purpose. I don't want to spoil a big reveal if that's what he was working towards..

Same. I bookmarked the thread to read it later.

Also, where did the translation come from? How did you find the language?

Very good!! Question though I want to read the translation that one of you from the board did, but I'm not sure if Lemire left out the translation on purpose. I don't want to spoil a big reveal if that's what he was working towards..

Same. I bookmarked the thread to read it later.

Also, where did the translation come from? How did you find the language?

I put the translation together. Each of the symbols equates to a letter. The alien repeats most of what they say, and while it is fully "alien speak" the first time it is partially in English when it is repeated. It took some time and was fun to do :)