• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DR.X's Cheap, Trashy, Worthless Wizard Con Report

422 posts in this topic

That's it for tonight. More coming tommarrow. I had someone in my sights for a pic but couldn't catch up to her. You would have liked this one. Maybe she'll show up tommarrow and I'll get one for you.

Every con report I say I need a better camera, and still do. Maybe I'll pick one up in the morning before I hit the road.

The two young girls that helped me pass the time in line.

wizard2013thursday004.jpg

I'd hang out in a line with them too! :cloud9:

You just have to know how to talk to people, especially girls. I have no problem communicating with them and having some laughs. Just act like you have some sense. But I am charming as some say. :roflmao:

Don't sell yourself short.You are DAMN charming! :foryou:

Had a good time walking around with Bomber Bob looking and books, shooting the breeze, and spreading filthy rumours.

Hope he's there tommarrow. And he routed me to a secret parking lot near the con for .......................$5.00 :o

:gossip: The CTA commuter lot like 3-4 blocks away is the way to go. $5 parking can't be beat (as long as it isn't raining).

I saw the AAF #14 at Gary's booth right when the show opened, nice pickup of a very fresh looking copy. I bought two books from him myself, plus two more. I blew my whole show budget on pre-hero in the first 3 hours of the show. There's some great stuff to be had.

I'll say one thing. There are some killer books at this show. Seemed like most of the dealers had some really good stuff, if you had deep pockets.

First booth through the doors was Graham Crackers. I was just starting to look through a box when some unseen force came up behind me and put me in a bear hug.

Not like me to let someone get the drop on me. I figured it was someone who knew an old Indian trick. It ended up being Greggy. lol

Graham Crackers wall books.

wizard2013thursday006.jpg

Beautiful wall pics. Doc Joe picked up a book for me that I saw in this one.. Thank you!

I'll say one thing. There are some killer books at this show. Seemed like most of the dealers had some really good stuff, if you had deep pockets.

First booth through the doors was Graham Crackers. I was just starting to look through a box when some unseen force came up behind me and put me in a bear hug.

Not like me to let someone get the drop on me. I figured it was someone who knew an old Indian trick. It ended up being Greggy. lol

Graham Crackers wall books.

wizard2013thursday006.jpg

Beautiful wall pics. Doc Joe picked up a book for me that I saw in this one.. Thank you!

Fight #40? (shrug)