• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Incredible Hulk 181

20 posts in this topic

Is the top right corner soft? It looks a little rounded.

Beautiful book. I say 9.2 because of the corner.

I can only dream of ever owning one this nice again. (worship)

I didn't even notice that little crease at the top before. It seems like a color break, it's so very very thin. Do you guys really think it could be a 9.0? I thought those color breaks would be horrible for the grade, perhaps knock it down to 8.5 or even 8.0.

So I'd sent the book to Joe for pressing just to make sure it looked as good as possible before CGC got a hold of it. Well, I just got a notice that fedex picked it up from the CGC today, and I emailed them to ask what the rating was, and they say it's a 7.5! A 7.5 ??? I won't be able to order the graders' notes until I get the ID number off the book, but my god I'm horrified!

So I'd sent the book to Joe for pressing just to make sure it looked as good as possible before CGC got a hold of it. Well, I just got a notice that fedex picked it up from the CGC today, and I emailed them to ask what the rating was, and they say it's a 7.5! A 7.5 ??? I won't be able to order the graders' notes until I get the ID number off the book, but my god I'm horrified!

??? ??? ???

I just had mine cleaned and pressed and it came back 7.0 (from 6.0)- yours looks far nicer and brighter. All I can figure is there is some sort of hidden inner defect that slipped your notice :(

Looking forward to an update. :popcorn:

So it came back a 7.5 with off-white pages. The grader's notes are as follows:

Center Front Cover Small Multiple Indent Breaks Color

Right Bottom Front Cover Small Indent Breaks Color

Right Center Back Cover Wear

Does that seem like the right grade for those notes? The back cover wear they mention is so slight, I'm not even sure what they're referring to when I look at it.

When I told Joe it got a 7.5 he expressed surprise and thought it was at least an 8.5 -- I'm frustrated but I guess there's no point to the frustration. It's not like I can call CGC and tell them they're wrong!

When I told Joe it got a 7.5 he expressed surprise and thought it was at least an 8.5 -- I'm frustrated but I guess there's no point to the frustration. It's not like I can call CGC and tell them they're wrong!

I downloaded the big scans and It looks higher than 7.5 to me. There have been some crazy harsh grades in recent months.

I downloaded the big scans and It looks higher than 7.5 to me. There have been some crazy harsh grades in recent months.

I do feel this grade is unfair, and in my daydreams i imagine someone at CGC just got dumped by their girlfriend and wanted to take their grief out on something. How often do we hear about comics getting a different grade with a resubmit?