• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What cool books did you buy in Chicago?

176 posts in this topic

Got some stuff graded on site which I was very happy with but one book did catch my eye all weekend long! Thanks to Gator for working it out for me to add this one to my box ximage_zpsf58d6301.jpg

yay! I told you The Gator would work with you on it. I'm happy you picked it up Chris :applause:

Thanks Bill! It was good seeing you again but yeah he is one of the best to deal with and Was so glad to take it home with me with his help

Got some stuff graded on site which I was very happy with but one book did catch my eye all weekend long! Thanks to Gator for working it out for me to add this one to my box ximage_zpsf58d6301.jpg

yay! I told you The Gator would work with you on it. I'm happy you picked it up Chris :applause:

Thanks Bill! It was good seeing you again but yeah he is one of the best to deal with and Was so glad to take it home with me with his help

That's a cover I've never taken note of. The colors look very fresh and deep!

Congrats c-mack! That was my old copy. I bought it raw off of eBay around 2003 when I was on a major collecting hiatus. I always wanted a copy of that book and bought it pretty much on a whim. I didn't get it graded until years later and was really happy with the grade and especially that it was unrestored. I only sold it to GA.tor because I was able to upgrade to a very special copy. I'm glad it found another good home!

Here's a better scan for you - it's such a great book!

Cap26.jpg

I had a great time at the Chicago show this year.Saw many of my favorite boardies my favorite boardie, and bought lots of comics.

I'm afraid I will bring down the average on books posted in this thread pretty significantly. Fortunately, what I lack in quality, I make up in quantity lol

:hi:

:jokealert:

My new favorite boardie :)

:taptaptap:

My only purchase, but it was a big one for me. One of my all-time favorite Schomburg covers :cloud9: Many thanks to Mr Bedrock and c-mack for helping me go home with this gem (worship)

AllSelect13.jpg

I like(d) it

And the best deal? Bought it on The WAY to the convention.

Just Over Sixty Coverless Golden Age Books. A handful of books from 1937, the rest from 1945/1946.

Highlights include Cap 46, All Select 7, Action 86, Detective 88 & 100, Catman 22, Blue Beetle 27, 31, 38, Bulletman 14, Terrific 1, Star Spangled 58, Funny Picture Stories 1 #6, a nice handful of Fawcetts, and the true gem:

Detective Comics 2.

I am a happy man.

I'd be a happy man, too - coverless copies of rare Golden Age books can be a ton of fun, handled and enjoyed without a care.

Congrat's! :applause:

only a small percentage of windy city books have andy wallace's name on the cover; thrilled to get this one from steve. and it let me put the wham 1 back in g.a.tor's box, where it belongs now that he's back on the global centaur run hunt.

cbw1.jpg

i don't collect the title, but i came across an unadvertised like-new pennsylvania book with white pages, and bounce like you wouldn't believe. it was in a misc. box back in a little closet-booth.

magic65.jpg