• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What cool books did you buy in Chicago?

176 posts in this topic

The highlight of the show of course was seeing all my geek buddies, but I did pick up a couple of golden age comics this weekend.

I tried to mix it up a little

Detective85_zps048697a3.jpg

Ritter sure was busy! Love this one Bill. Such a tight copy,with white pages!

Another More Fun in the run. :banana:

I bought this from Steve Ritter,who is always a pleasure to deal with.Anyone remember the days when they were very difficult to obtain?

IMG_20130811_0004_zps031770b0.jpg

Brilliant colors and beautiful looking copy. Congratulations!

I love this cover! #54 and #58 are my favorite covers of the entire run.

I love those two as well,and think that MF 54 is flat out one of the best GA books ever.

Hey all just got back to Cleveland and I am happy to say I was able to cross off a super cool book from my want list...a TEC #73!!!! My lovely wife (who is 16 weeks pregnant BTW) asked me what I wanted to do for my 30th B-Day and I told her I wanted to go to Chicago for the weekend and make it to this Con. I dont get to hardly any conventions and me and my buddies only had got a one day pass but it was super fun. I was a little disheartened that I missed out on a Cap #3 CGC 3.0. If only I would have showed up a little earlier as I think it was even the same exact book I missed in the CConnect auction :facepalm: Oh well, I showed up right after the gentleman had purchased it and he was kind enough to show it to me in person (worship) I didnt get to meet that many boardies as you all know already with only one day it is hard to fit it all in with all the cool books everywhere. I am SUPER pleased to say that I got a chance to meet G.A.tor and purchase this wonderful book from him (thanks Rick by the way for being so patient with that darned cell reception!!!). He was a very cool dude. We didnt stay too long bc we had so many other things we wanted to do in while we were in Chicago. Awesome books, awesome food, awesome time. Anyways, enough rambling, hope you enjoy as much as I do!!! :whee:

9490952412_4bd3061533_b.jpg

9490954298_b6a9586b54_b.jpg

Hey all just got back to Cleveland and I am happy to say I was able to cross off a super cool book from my want list...a TEC #73!!!! My lovely wife (who is 16 weeks pregnant BTW) asked me what I wanted to do for my 30th B-Day and I told her I wanted to go to Chicago for the weekend and make it to this Con. I dont get to hardly any conventions and me and my buddies only had got a one day pass but it was super fun. I was a little disheartened that I missed out on a Cap #3 CGC 3.0. If only I would have showed up a little earlier as I think it was even the same exact book I missed in the CConnect auction :facepalm: Oh well, I showed up right after the gentleman had purchased it and he was kind enough to show it to me in person (worship) I didnt get to meet that many boardies as you all know already with only one day it is hard to fit it all in with all the cool books everywhere. I am SUPER pleased to say that I got a chance to meet G.A.tor and purchase this wonderful book from him (thanks Rick by the way for being so patient with that darned cell reception!!!). He was a very cool dude. We didnt stay too long bc we had so many other things we wanted to do in while we were in Chicago. Awesome books, awesome food, awesome time. Anyways, enough rambling, hope you enjoy as much as I do!!! :whee:

9490952412_4bd3061533_b.jpg

9490954298_b6a9586b54_b.jpg

Great book!

I had a great time at the Chicago show this year. Saw many of my favorite boardies and bought lots of comics.

I'm afraid I will bring down the average on books posted in this thread pretty significantly. Fortunately, what I lack in quality, I make up in quantity lol

I had a great time at the Chicago show this year.Saw many of my favorite boardies my favorite boardie, and bought lots of comics.

I'm afraid I will bring down the average on books posted in this thread pretty significantly. Fortunately, what I lack in quality, I make up in quantity lol

:hi:

:jokealert: