• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What cool books did you buy in Chicago?

176 posts in this topic

Great purchases everyone! :applause:

David Merryweather's sole Wizardcon acquisition, and a very appropriate one...

4A6E9038-F9B2-4788-9247-8E4EA6F5D178-350-000000A9B6032C97_zps1849ba7c.jpg

We're taking a few days of R&R after Wizard, doing a bit of sightseeing in the Windy City before Amtraking back to Big D.

This pic was taken in our hotel room earlier today.

David, where'd you get that shirt? Don Cherry's tailor? ps, great book.

It was nice to see you again David! I just have to ask though, what happened to the Weird Fantasy 15 GFC that you picked up from John Verzyl? Don't tell me it went in a trade for the Cat-Man!

Something is definitely weird about that, Steve! No Weird Fantasy was bought, sold or traded by me. hm

I did purchase a GFC of Weird Science-Fantasy #29 from Verzyl last month which is safely locked away in the Merryweather vault. I'm negotiating for a couple of more GFC with John, but no WF to date.

BTW, it was great seeing you and look forward to visiting again at future shows. (thumbs u

Ah, ok. I wanted to see that book and purchase it, but he said that you had bought it. He must have been mistaken. Some other lucky guy got it.

It was nice to see you again David! I just have to ask though, what happened to the Weird Fantasy 15 GFC that you picked up from John Verzyl? Don't tell me it went in a trade for the Cat-Man!

Something is definitely weird about that, Steve! No Weird Fantasy was bought, sold or traded by me. hm

I did purchase a GFC of Weird Science-Fantasy #29 from Verzyl last month which is safely locked away in the Merryweather vault. I'm negotiating for a couple of more GFC with John, but no WF to date.

BTW, it was great seeing you and look forward to visiting again at future shows. (thumbs u

Ah, ok. I wanted to see that book and purchase it, but he said that you had bought it. He must have been mistaken. Some other lucky guy got it.

With as many folks as John jabbers with during a con, it amazes me that he can keep track of who bought what without Rose or Nan reminding him. lol

I had all the FP my first go round...including the 35, 36-38 Mings, and the 39-42...

sold them when I "gave up" on centaurs 3 years ago...but thanks to some great folks lately, I am back collecting them with a vengeance!