• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

August CLink Focused Auction Thread

210 posts in this topic

Of the books I was bidding on (about 30, including some of the Peps), I put in reasonable bids and didn't come close on a single one. In the past I always landed at least one.

So my sampling suggested the prices overall for this auction were quite strong. Which surprises me somewhat because although some decent books were offered I didn't see many (IMO) "must have" books (although I did consider going nuts on the Startling 49 and the higher grade Reform School Girl).

Same experience. Was underbidder on a couple but didn't come close on some books where I thought I had a shot. Won only this. Not really GA but kinda fits with the discussion on the PS 1 thread about obscure '50s DC books.

RAD701922013814_17451_zps97f3c0e2.jpg

Kind of a weird auction. Prices on what I was following were either very strong or very weak. Crime SuspenStories 20 CGC 9.6 for for $9k while Weird Fantasy 13(1) CGC 9.8 goes for $5,250. A 9.6 copy of WF 1 went for $6000 last December.

Just another sign that pre-code horror is very, very hot right now.

Just another sign that pre-code horror is very, very hot right now.

Given how hot PCH is it seemed odd to me that the recent Overstreet guide devoted almost no content whatsoever to it while War books got a 5-6 page spread. Curious to me.

...the War report is a regular article each year in the OPG...I'm sure if a group of PCH collectors got together to write a report, it could quite possibly get published.

Has it always been a 5-6 page treatise? Don't remember seeing that before.

I would love to see a PCH report with top ten list etc. The War report was well done I thought - just wish it had been PCH content.

I got this. Always wanted it. Seems the prices have been fluctuating for a while, maybe even falling. Decided to do it, especially since its unrestored. Dont know if i paid too much though. regardless, going to be eating porridge for a while :P no regrets tho !

RAD1C5992013828_13508_zpsf35cbe1a.jpg

:applause:

I got this. Always wanted it. Seems the prices have been fluctuating for a while, maybe even falling. Decided to do it, especially since its unrestored. Dont know if i paid too much though. regardless, going to be eating porridge for a while :P no regrets tho !

Great pickup, congrats. :golfclap:

[originally posted these in General before realizing they might be of more interest here]

I am just starting to explore GA books, so I started with some bottom fishing in this sale. Here's what I puled up:

Yellowjacket1_zps56477af8.jpg

Yellowjacket8_zps002fe032.jpg

ElleryQueen2_zps8cbe97ba.jpg

ElleryQueen4_zpsda83ee76.jpg

MargesLittleLulu63_zpsa94a1fdf.jpg

Would love to hear any thoughts, reactions or insights you care to share.

Thanks!

:applause:^^

:applause:^^

Beautiful book great, great, great score!

Opinions on what the Uncanny Tales 9.6 will sell for? My guess $1900.

Also, can we safely assume the Mystery Tales are going to go through the roof or is the frenzy over...

Interesting comparison. I was delighted my Uncanny Tales 9.6 reached 2k. But that is still less than any of the Mystery Tales, the least of which was an 8.0 from around the same publishing date as the UT. While the 9.0 copy -was it #22?- reached $3700.

What would that have gone for if it had been a 9.6?

It highlights the comparative value of the two words "Mystery" and "Uncanny" in two horror titles from the same company sharing the same artists, story writers and house style.

It is also quite amazing all of those Mystery Tales were sold in the forums less than 9 months ago for 1/4 to 1/10 the price in this auction. The 32 sold for $170 bucks in January and then $2100 last night....crazy.

Welcome to the GA Forum :hi:

Your Yellowjacket 8 is a particularly interesting book as it contains an early horror story narrated by a horror host similar to what EC would eventually have.

[originally posted these in General before realizing they might be of more interest here]

I am just starting to explore GA books, so I started with some bottom fishing in this sale. Here's what I puled up:

Yellowjacket1_zps56477af8.jpg

Yellowjacket8_zps002fe032.jpg

ElleryQueen2_zps8cbe97ba.jpg

ElleryQueen4_zpsda83ee76.jpg

MargesLittleLulu63_zpsa94a1fdf.jpg

Would love to hear any thoughts, reactions or insights you care to share.

Thanks!