• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AUGUST COMIC LINK AUCTION

156 posts in this topic

As opposed to HA, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to track lots. There also isn't a way to see historical prices sold on those books (or art) that you're interested in unless its in their Featured Auctions and the prices shown are only those pieces they decide to show (no search feature I've seen).

Except...if you put in bids early in the auction, you'll get to see it in your bid history forever, including the final price. At least six lots have early bids on them from me on the tracking aspect alone. I wonder how many other lots have the same dynamic going on in the early bidding.

I would love to be corrected on this if there is a tracking feature...

The lack of a tracking feature is deliberate for the reason noted in your second paragraph. Yes it is annoying.

I once asked clink about this and I was told their feeling was that allowing us to track lots will somehow cause people not to bid. I guess if you're selling an ASM 1, 14, 122, 129, GL 76, Avengers 1, 4, Hulk 181, etc then you don't need tracking as people will bid no problem but for the more uncommon books tracking is very important. I think their policy hurts those books. If I ever sell an expensive group of books, I'm going to insist they allow tracking for my books or else my next call goes to comicconnect. Perhaps if enough people do this, then they'll be forced to comply with they're customers ( and what a dumb reason to lose business ).

I just don't get why this bothers people

1. Making people bid on your alleged books to track them helps your books go up in price which should make sellers happy

2. If you can get one of the major players to rewrite their software just for you then your negotiating powers are needed elsewhere in the world...get to Egypt pronto

3. My tracking bids are placed, if I win these items at my tracking bids bids then they are not tracking bids but insanely low prices and I am thrilled to win (only winning on 1 out of 16 :sorry: )

People want this cause they want the ability to get data for free, ComicLink is not giving it away for free, given the prices they have been getting recently, not many others are willing to shun their site.

On the plus side ComicLink is the only site where they don't allow their employees to bid in auctions - this is a good thing.

:applause: Alright Joe is done bidding for the Clink Art auction, I'm in the clear to win :whee:

just my tracking bids buster :insane:

I shall be victorious!!!

Every business has its issues, they all have different philosophies as to how they want to practice

I love HA auctions - but to have 20% of your end price taken to go to the house for me is too much - I know it varies and if you present a big offering it can go away and you can negotiate but for me thats too much. Happy to bid in them of course!

Again for Josh at Comiclink he feels his sales information has value - and he is right - he does not just want to give it away.

There are entire industries built around pharmacy knowledge - they basically sell the data of what doctors prescribe! That info has value.

I just wish in being victorious you were inclined to release previous victories to go after new plunder ;) Best of luck at auction Joe, unless you are bidding on something I am also pursuing :/

Same with the Buscema unpublished Surfer cover. $24,000. No late bids

Totally unsurprised about both. Just one person (possibly the same person) willing to trip the reserve on both lots.

My pick of the auction: Colan Iron Man TOS splash. Twice-up, huge IM figure, Pepper, beautiful inks. Everything about the page is great for me artistically, but IM is down and has his back to us. A hair above 12K: cheap? Or about right?

(I didn't buy it)

RAD12B072013726_165923.jpg

My pick of the auction: Colan Iron Man TOS splash. Twice-up, huge IM figure, Pepper, beautiful inks. Everything about the page is great for me artistically, but IM is down and has his back to us. A hair above 12K: cheap? Or about right?

(I didn't buy it)

No idea on the $ but I love the page.

(I didn't buy it)

I actually thought it went a little on the low side. There have been several come up recently at around the $15k mark. This one had Pepper on it and a large image of Ironman although it is from the back. I love it as well.

Same with the Buscema unpublished Surfer cover. $24,000. No late bids

Totally unsurprised about both. Just one person (possibly the same person) willing to trip the reserve on both lots.

Speaking of tripping reserves, I'm glad someone walked away with this.

RAD512B3201363_134254.jpg

(I didn't buy it)

I actually thought it went a little on the low side. There have been several come up recently at around the $15k mark. This one had Pepper on it and a large image of Ironman although it is from the back. I love it as well.

I didn't personally like this one. I find Iron Man's right leg and butt to be really off, especially the buttcheeks (one looks larger than the other?), to the point where I find it hard to look at. You expect a little bit of this with Colan sometimes, but in this case I found it really jarring. Wasn't in the market for it anyway as Colan is not my thing at all but I can understand this one going a little light personally 2c

I really like most of the page, but the parts I don't like spoil the rest for me.

Did it not recently sell for much less than that?

No idea. But it was at $1,800 with about ten seconds to go and then it skyrocketed

I was the consignor. The new owner will be happy with it. Yeah I did buy it for less and from a dealer too, surprisingly