• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Capital City Comic Con July 11-13 2014 Austin, Tx

109 posts in this topic

We could meet up at the domain between the show and the auction fri. I'm not going to the auction with sdcc being only 2 weeks out but would like to meet guys here. Maybe meet at 630 or 7 at the whole foods in the domain? Should be something there for everybody.

We could meet up at the domain between the show and the auction fri. I'm not going to the auction with sdcc being only 2 weeks out but would like to meet guys here. Maybe meet at 630 or 7 at the whole foods in the domain? Should be something there for everybody.

We have plenty of options there, Gloria's, Kona Grill, California Pizza... Lots of free parking at the garage area.

I'll be at the Art auction I think but depends on when you call it a night.

this would be before the auction near the westin at whole foods. The auction starts at 8 pm right and the show closes at 6pm

Art Auction location will be updated and everyone at the show will be updated as well as the new location, basically one large meet and greet with local and guests artists, plus at Bernie Wrightson's table we will be doing a get well card, and all artists and fans can stop by, and write something.

Art Auction location will be updated and everyone at the show will be updated as well as the new location, basically one large meet and greet with local and guests artists, plus at Bernie Wrightson's table we will be doing a get well card, and all artists and fans can stop by, and write something.

New location? Is it being moved from the westin?

Quiet day today. I spent longer at work today than I thought and didn't arrive until around 2. Very sparse crowd and a few creators not there but lots of good conversation. Bought a page from art thibert and scheduled a commission from Paul maybury for pickup tomorrow. Scoped out the books and found lots of good stuff. Will figure out books to buy tomorrow and maybe a couple more sketch covers.

Day two and I arrived around 1030. Definitely busier than Friday but nowhere near as busy as I expected. The lines for Kevin Eastman were pretty healthy but that seemed to be about it. They were constantly on the PA trying to drum up business for the media guests which got really annoying, especially for the artists trying to draw or talk to people.

There was supposed to be a lot of programming but I never saw program rooms or a schedule. The dealer reaction was mixed. Those used to smaller shows were very happy but those with experience at shows like this one were more disappointed.

I picked up a sketch cover commission and bought some books from a few dealers, and was done by about noon. Was thinking I would take the kids today but there is pretty much nothing for kids that I can see so I may skip it.

Looked around for some artists I had seen on Friday but could not find them. Seemed like fewer artists than Friday. One 7 year old had hijacked an empty table and was doing sketch cards for sale.

Had really high hopes for this show. It's a great venue and there was tons of potential but I'm very worried that it won't go next year.

In the afternoon I headed down to the Eckman show in New Braunfels and I would say that relatively speaking it was just as crowded as cap city. I think both shows suffered being on the same weekend.