• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Capital City Comic Con July 11-13 2014 Austin, Tx

109 posts in this topic

Not sure how much you've thought about how fast people can get into the show, but from the prior shows here (WW and Alamo), this will probably be a big problem.

I love the SDCC method where all the doors are just open and security is checking badges by sight before people enter with badge pickup having many lines and opening even the afternoon before the show opens for a few hours.

That is a good idea, What I will do is list all stores that will sell tickets direct, so customers can just get them checked and walk in just like a sports game. Vip and Weekend Badges the same way too, so there will be special lines for each and will call will be towards the end.

New artists added:

Joe Benitez of Lady Mechanica Fame

Jorge Molina

Philip Tan

Mark Mckenna

Stephen Segovia

Carlo Pagulayan

Jay Anacleto

As for the idea of selling actual tickets and having them out to the customers who prepay first this I have to say is what needs to be the standard for all Con's. Loved it when Dallas used to send my lanyard ticket in the mail with Stan's or Sir Patrick's face on it. Watching how painful it was for everyone who didn't have one already was always funny to me.

Wizard World could honestly learn from this chaos which is weird to have me download a ticket to show up to pick up a ticket and then get in line to go in when it would be just as easy to send me a wrist band or what not. You lose it, sucks for you gotta buy another.

Now THE additions. :ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez:

I am going to have no moneies this year because of this... you know that right Aaron?

Amazing guest list and it is only getting better. Cannot wait to attend a "COMIC CON"

Len Wein can't make it this time around, but others will be added, wanted him very much.

Why can't I get Wein and Wrightson at 1 show, damn :frustrated:

wrightson lives in Austin now, so it is an easy show for him.

Artists added:

Ken Christiansen

Jamie Tyndall

Marat Michaels

Guest Celeb

Francois Chau Played Shredder on TMNT movies will be paired with Kevin Eastman.

A rare appearance by Francois Chau aka Shredder !!!!

dae8384b6d55ea37401ab65320b9428c1_zps127456d7.jpg

Trust me I would love to get Wein, but doesnt seem likely, I know how many of you feel about Rob Leifeld, but having him paired with Fabian Nicieza would be cool plus many other cool creators, I am working on getting here.

Trust me I would love to get Wein, but doesnt seem likely, I know how many of you feel about Rob Leifeld, but having him paired with Fabian Nicieza would be cool plus many other cool creators, I am working on getting here.

I Kid, not really would love to see those pairings in the future, so if you can work your magic on some folk would be awesome brother. hopefully I'll be going to this show. :headbang: