• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More comic investment advice for the mainstream

38 posts in this topic

This article actually had a big 2 page spread in a major Edmonton paper recently that I found surprising in its level of up-to-dateness. As for actual relevant advice, your mileage will vary.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/08/16/when-comics-turn-into-instant-cash

Disclaimer: I can't stand a right wing rag like the SUN which is normally only relevant to me for its OK sports coverage. I also quit reading a daily paper probably 10 years ago when internet news proved to be the better value. ;)

But more than a few non-comic people let me know about this article because they wanted to know my opinion. So it did its job and grabbed the attention of a much bigger audience than I may have given it credit for.

I was reading this same type of article back in the roaring 90's. People were posing the question whether or not it was better to invest in comics than it was in stocks and bonds.

I'm in for the long haul though, these kinds of articles don't bother me anymore.

$65 for a Preview 7? He's a little behind...

And yes, this is a time of fierce speculation, he's right about that. They could announce Humbug and Solo in a movie, and people would lose their marbles trying to find their first appearance. It's ridiculous.

$65 for a Preview 7? He's a little behind...

And yes, this is a time of fierce speculation, he's right about that. They could announce Humbug and Solo in a movie, and people would lose their marbles trying to find their first appearance. It's ridiculous.

Just a few dollars off. If he has a copy selling for that much I'd take a look hm

Little behind on a couple comics. NM Avengers 55 for $250? I don't think so. Though it has been falling after that crazy boom

Hardly prices seems strong. For example look at the 9.8 currently sitting at $3522 in the clink august auction with a week of bidding left. A 9.0 finished for $812 on 16 August and an 8.0 for $411 on the same day. an 8.5 finished for $450 yesterday.

Movie hype isn't driving up the price of TEC 27's or Action 1's. They collectors that spend six figures or more on the hobby are not swept up by movie hype. 2c

Over a dozen Superman and / or Batman movies and several TV shows beg to differ.

Movie hype isn't driving up the price of TEC 27's or Action 1's. They collectors that spend six figures or more on the hobby are not swept up by movie hype. 2c

Over a dozen Superman and / or Batman movies and several TV shows beg to differ.

Correlation is not causation.

Publicity for our hobby is a good thing. More demand means higher prices for key comics as supply won't be increasing (unless a lot of books come out of hiding)

I'm not bothered by speculators and non comic people joining the fray. The more the merrier!

MOAR!!!