• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All American Comics #18 CGC 7.0 OW ~ below GPA~ 1st Atom app NEW PRICE

24 posts in this topic

All American Comics #18. CGC 7.0 F/ VF with OFF-WHITE pages. Label notes "Very minor amount of glue on cover".

AA #18 is scarce book with an AWESOME cover that also features the very first app of "Atom" who appears in a panel that announces his debut.

3rd highest graded copy with only 1 copy grading slightly higher at 7.5 and another 1 at 9.0

This very copy sold in 2011 for $6,000. The 7.5 Billy Wright copy sold last year for $7,768

:takeit: trumps all. :news:Asking $4500 :news: Free shipping for U.S.A and E.U. addresses. Checks and Paypal are welcome. Time payments are available

all4617a.jpg

All American Comics #18. CGC 7.0 F/ VF with OFF-WHITE pages. Label notes "Very minor amount of glue on cover".

AA #18 is scarce book with an AWESOME cover that also features the very first app of "Atom" who appears in a panel that announces his debut.

3rd highest graded copy with only 1 copy grading slightly higher at 7.5 and another 1 at 9.0

Last GPA on a 7.0 is $6,000. The 7.5 Billy Wright copy sold last year for $7,768

:takeit: trumps all. Asking $4700. Free shipping for U.S.A and E.U. addresses. Checks and Paypal are welcome.

all4617a.jpg

Very nice book buddy! (thumbs u FYI, the very 1st appearance & origin of the GA Atom is in All-American Comics #19.

Thank you for the info, Jaja-mon12. However, as the description is stating and the OPG notes, the Atom is appearing in a panel that is announcing his debut. Similar to More Fun Comics #51 and the Spectre. You're welcome to acquire the book and check it out ;):baiting:

No problemo Pajamas! lol The title duped me!

Sorry my friend, but I have my sites on another GA treasure I've been hunting for for some time now. :headbang:

Also, I am torn between buying 1 of 2 mega key SA books! Decisions, decisions!!! :frustrated:

This will not last long though, it's too nice of a book! Good luck selling it! (thumbs u

No problemo Pajamas! lol The title duped me!

Sorry my friend, but I have my sites on another GA treasure I've been hunting for for some time now. :headbang:

Also, I am torn between buying 1 of 2 mega key SA books! Decisions, decisions!!! :frustrated:

This will not last long though, it's too nice of a book! Good luck selling it! (thumbs u

One can never have enough classy higher grade GA "classic" covers :baiting:

Wish I had the money for that book. I love All-American Comics even though I have only one but a minor key. Can you please tell me what is the cover depicting? Is GL trying to destroy that plane or save it. It probably is me--but I'm not sure. And GLWTS. Great book!

SLR

Can you please tell me what is the cover depicting? Is GL trying to destroy that plane or save it.

Destroy it. The historical context is important. The book was published in the Summer of 1940, which is shortly after France and the Low Countries surrendered to Germany (June 1940) and nearly a year after the invasion of Poland (September 1939). There was a lot of fear in the U.S. about the U.S. getting attacked by Germany in some way. That aircraft is a German Stuka dive-bomber. Look at the swept wings and the bomb in the undercarriage. The plane is about to dive-bomb the New York World's Fair. GL is zapping the cockpit area.

Wish I had the money for that book. I love All-American Comics even though I have only one but a minor key. Can you please tell me what is the cover depicting? Is GL trying to destroy that plane or save it. It probably is me--but I'm not sure. And GLWTS. Great book!

SLR

Thank you for your interest and for asking that question. That was a great answer to the type of plane that Zosocane provided. Time-payments and partial trades are available btw :baiting:

The scene takes place at the New York World's Fair 1939/ 1940, themed "Building the World of Tomorrow"

1939%2Bnywf.jpgBildschirmfoto2013-08-26um172006.png

The only other covers -that I know of- featuring the NYWF and super-heroes are these two:

Bildschirmfoto2013-08-26um161750.pngBildschirmfoto2013-08-26um161803.png

Can you please tell me what is the cover depicting? Is GL trying to destroy that plane or save it.

That aircraft is a German Stuka dive-bomber. Look at the swept wings and the bomb in the undercarriage. The plane is about to dive-bomb the New York World's Fair. GL is zapping the cockpit area.

Thanks for that attentive detail :applause: