• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ben Affleck is Batman!

624 posts in this topic

Ben Affleck is a stiff actor and not very natural at all.

Compare these two similar type of scenes, the first with Affleck and the second with Alec Baldwin.

WARNING: NSFW!!!

Chuck, I think there might be some footage from Ben's High School Drama Class that might be on point.....since you are delving back into the catacombs for footage.

Boiler Room was filmed almost 15 years ago. lol

Fair enough.

I'll move on to the Pearl Harbor footage.... :devil:

Just read that Bryan Cranston has been cast as Lex Luthor! The deal is for at least 6 pictures and may be as high as 10. :headbang:

Afflecks deal is said to be as high as 13 films and Matt Damon is being considered for Aquaman or Martian Manhunter...

LINK:

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/exclusive-bryan-cranston-lex-luthor-batman-superman-matt-damon-aquaman-mark-strong-sinestro

Whoa!

:o

Why do I feel like it's April 1st?

It does feel a little to perfect when it comes to a dark Lex Luthor.

Think it is a joke? I checked his twitter posts, and there is nothing mentioned.

Galaxy Theatres just posted the same story, I think it could be legit. Hopefully there will be some sort of official confirmation soon because Cranston would be great as Lex!

Personally I really don't care who they cast as Batman, I think it's just fun to discuss.

And to point out Ben's poor acting.

But for the record, I really liked him in:

Mallrats, Chasing Amy, and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

I even liked him in Jersey Girl.

Just read that Bryan Cranston has been cast as Lex Luthor! The deal is for at least 6 pictures and may be as high as 10. :headbang:

Afflecks deal is said to be as high as 13 films and Matt Damon is being considered for Aquaman or Martian Manhunter...

LINK:

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/exclusive-bryan-cranston-lex-luthor-batman-superman-matt-damon-aquaman-mark-strong-sinestro

Whoa!

Think it is a joke? I checked his twitter posts, and there is nothing mentioned.

Galaxy Theatres just posted the same story, I think it could be legit. Hopefully there will be some sort of official confirmation soon because Cranston would be great as Lex!

If it was legit, someone besides 'cosmicbooknews' and 'Galaxy Theatres' would've already ran it.

LINK:

Whoa!

If it was legit, someone besides 'cosmicbooknews' and 'Galaxy Theatres' would've already ran it.

There is no mention of this over at superherohype.com. They are usually the first site to re-post what other news sites' have already broken. Maybe they are seeking confirmation? (shrug)

Ben Affleck is a stiff actor and not very natural at all.

Compare these two similar type of scenes, the first with Affleck and the second with Alec Baldwin.

Chuck, I think there might be some footage from Ben's High School Drama Class that might be on point.....since you are delving back into the catacombs for footage.

Boiler Room was filmed almost 15 years ago. lol

Fair enough.

I'll move on to the Pearl Harbor footage.... :devil:

lol

I know people in this thread have mentioned the initial backlash to Ledger and the Joker, but has anyone mentioned the backlash to Damon and Bourne?

I remember the fans (and there are millions) of the Bourne trilogy wringing their hands in the was comic fans are doing so now over Affleck over the choice.

Having watched Damon transform himself into Bourne, to the point where it's almost impossible to imagine someone else in the role, I have learned to wait and see before knee-jerking.

That's true about Heath ledger people were crying and complaining I remember that. Yet his performance was pretty amazing. Here's the difference... Ben Aflek sucks... lol he doesn't really make good movies. It's just not the same. This might be another green lantern I am officially worried now.

That's true about Heath ledger people were crying and complaining I remember that. Yet his performance was pretty amazing. Here's the difference... Ben Aflek sucks... lol he doesn't really make good movies. It's just not the same. This might be another green lantern I am officially worried now.

:news:

Honestly, his dogs are 10 years ago (Gigli and Daredevil) now.

His recent resume includes an Oscar for Argo and The Town, which was incredibly well made.

He hasn't "sucked" for quite a while. He's matured into a serious talent in Hollywood. I don't know if that will translate but I am willing to wait until I see at least 10 seconds of footage before deciding definitively. lol

Watching the news today they did a segment on Affleck as Batman and a talking-head mentioned another actor. As soon as they said it I couldn't agree more:

Timothy Olyphant

A little too lanky on Justified, but trainers and regimen could deal with that. Looking back I've enjoyed all the action/thriller roles of his I've seen. Die Hard 4, A Perfect Getaway, The Crazies ...

Olyphant's pretty good at psychologically-dangerous characters with calm exteriors, like a Bruce Wayne. A "jaded" good-guy counterpart to Cavill's Clark Kent .

tim-3.jpg

Watching the news today they did a segment on Affleck as Batman and a talking-head mentioned another actor. As soon as they said it I couldn't agree more:

Timothy Olyphant

A little too lanky on Justified, but trainers and regimen could deal with that. Looking back I've enjoyed all the action/thriller roles of his I've seen. Die Hard 4, A Perfect Getaway, The Crazies ...

Olyphant's pretty good at psychologically-dangerous characters with calm exteriors, like a Bruce Wayne. A "jaded" good-guy counterpart to Cavill's Clark Kent .

tim-3.jpg

I've liked him in everything I've seen him.

It only matters in the end when the final product is out, never judge a book by its cover guys

when you can have two years of whining and kvetching instead ?

Now you are catching on. Welcome to the internet!

:headbang:

-slym

It only matters in the end when the final product is out, never judge a book by its cover guys

Ha Ha. That is EXACTLY what we do here. Judge books by their cover. How many post scans of interior pages in the "pleade grade my", or the "for sale" sections of this site.

There is nothing wrong with we here, saying yay or nay to Been Awful, oops, I mean Ben Affleck, as Batman. It is just talk. No one here has a say in who is "used" for the part.

It's what we do here. Every day, all day long.