• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ben Affleck is Batman!

624 posts in this topic

To be fair I really don't think you can compare the acting talent of Affleck 10 years ago to the talent he posses today. Seriously, go check out The Town or Argo is you haven't seen it.

I enjoyed The Town. Can't get into Argo at all.

He was good in Argo.

The Town was good.

This. Also Argo.

I remember when Heath Ledger was announced as the Joker, and the internet lost its' collective mess. That turned out alright, so why can't this?

I think Ben Affleck is a known quantity at this point, I don't think there is any room there for him to surprise anyone.

really? before mystic river he was considered a tabloid fodder joke. he then went on to direct 3 terrific movies and collect a bunch of hardware. i think that surprised people.

the keyword there is "direct"

Exactly. But lets look at it from the perspective of the direction that Affleck receives. AND the -script.

He might not be my first choice, but the ledger/joker example is the precedent here. He can act.. so if the -script is good and the direction is good, it could be a good result.

I'm praying for a good result.

Affleck will do fine.

Because he was awesome as Matt Murdock?? :eyeroll:

Get some sleep, new dad, and your reasoning faculties will return.

I don't argue on the internet. You've already given your opinion and I gave mine.

I'll give you this - maybe we'll all eat our words and he'll kill it. Daredevil was just a terrible movie. The radar sense was a pretty cool special effect. Otherwise... :sick:

But who could predict Heath Ledger actually becoming the Joker. I can't imagine Iron Man without thinking of Robert Downey Jr.? I mean, Mr. Freeze... Arnold Schwarzenegger?! Couldn't have picked a better choice.... wait.... doh!

Seriously though, Affleck could do it with the right -script/plot/directing! :wishluck:

He's an amazing talent on both sides of the lense.

This is good news for DC, for fans, for Affleck.

Haters gonna hate.

Affleck will do fine.

I don't argue on the internet. You've already given your opinion and I gave mine.

I'll give you this - maybe we'll all eat our words and he'll kill it. Daredevil was just a terrible movie. The radar sense was a pretty cool special effect. Otherwise... :sick:

But who could predict Heath Ledger actually becoming the Joker. I can't imagine Iron Man without thinking of Robert Downey Jr.? I mean, Mr. Freeze... Arnold Schwarzenegger?! Couldn't have picked a better choice.... wait.... doh!

Seriously though, Affleck could do it with the right -script/plot/directing! :wishluck:

Haters gonna hate.

Taste is taste...while I don't think he's nearly as horrible as some make him out to be...amazing is not a word that came to my mind.

Affleck will do fine.

Haters gonna hate.

Taste is taste...while I don't think he's nearly as horrible as some make him out to be...amazing is not a word that came to my mind.

I would have been shocked if it had.

Welcome back.

The Town was good.

This. Also Argo.

I remember when Heath Ledger was announced as the Joker, and the internet lost its' collective mess. That turned out alright, so why can't this?

I think Ben Affleck is a known quantity at this point, I don't think there is any room there for him to surprise anyone.

really? before mystic river he was considered a tabloid fodder joke. he then went on to direct 3 terrific movies and collect a bunch of hardware. i think that surprised people.

What did Affleck have to do with Mystic River?

sorry, wrong Denis Lehane novel - Gone Baby Gone

Affleck will do fine.

Haters gonna hate.

I would have been shocked if it had.

Welcome back.

It depends on your definition of amazing. I think Paul Newman was an amazing actor..while I enjoy Affleck in most things he does, I can't put him in to that league just yet.

The Town was good.

This. Also Argo.

What did Affleck have to do with Mystic River?

sorry, wrong Denis Lehane novel - Gone Baby Gone

Now we're talking.

Great director. Mediocre actor. I don't agree with casting a too well known name in this role unless it was bale. I don't like this casting one bit. Man of steel was good but not great so by adding Ben I don't think you add any momentum for the sequel.