• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Movie Hype

41 posts in this topic

I realize it's a cash grab. And I am all about the money. But Holy :censored: these Avengers books were NEVER looked upon as keys, and Captain Marvel or Rocket Raccoon books... WOW!!! Sell them while you can :screwy:

Anyone else just standing here shaking their head while selling off whatever Ulron and Thanos books they can? My collection is almost rid of this stuff lol

...I said it in the Bronze Age section but I think Rocket Raccoon has lots of *potential* considering potential appeal with the kids and toys, cartoons, etc. All depends on how good he is in the actual movie. Key word is potential though.

A lot of the other stuff...Yeah, lots of speculation...I see people selling books with 'Nebula's second appearance'!

Who would have thought?

But hey, all these characters have to start somewhere, in another 20 to 30 years, who knows!

I've started hoarding 9.8 ASM 172s because clearly Rocket Racer is next. :wishluck:

:takeit:

I just wonder how many people are actually collecting these "hot" books. Or, is it just speculators selling to speculators?

I think when they first start going up there is a lot of people riding the speculation train, but there's also a lot of folks who get caught up in the excitement of grabbing a new "key" ( with the hope if not expectation that it will continue to rise in value).

I just wonder how many people are actually collecting these "hot" books. Or, is it just speculators selling to speculators?

I think when they first start going up there is a lot of people riding the speculation train, but there's also a lot of folks who get caught up in the excitement of grabbing a new "key" ( with the hope if not expectation that it will continue to rise in value).

I think you're right, but to me those people holding onto the books hoping for that value increase are also speculators, or maybe a better term would be investors. I don't know, it just all seems like everyone is buying these things because "everyone will want them" but it seems like everyone wants them just to resell and make some money. Seems like an artificial market; if that's the right term.

[font:Book Antiqua]

I wonder how many investors got rich with the latest "Lone Ranger" Movie?

BTW did anyone remember the Green Hornet movie with Seth Rogen?

Or the latest Spirit,

Or Conan,

Or Ghost rider

Or Fantastic Four

Or Green Lantern

Or ... Well you got the idea.

[/font]

:/:facepalm:doh!

Or the latest Spirit,

Or Conan,

Or Ghost rider

Or Fantastic Four

Or Green Lantern

[/font]

We shouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water.

There were good ones too. Just because bad examples exist does not preclude the existence of movies which were successful and books that subsequently continued to rise and will remain high.

I see pockets of the comics market that are hyperbolic and irrational and others that are built on long established characters.

Rocket racoon seems absurd but Thanos is a pivotal long established character.

A good tip might to be to focus on established characters with an extensive presence in their comic universe. Rather than the next hot thing. That is, do some form of rudimentary fundamental analysis.

Or the latest Spirit,

Or Conan,

Or Ghost rider

Or Fantastic Four

Or Green Lantern

[/font]

There were good ones too. Just because bad examples exist does not preclude the existence of movies which were successful and books that subsequently continued to rise and will remain high.

I see pockets of the comics market that are hyperbolic and irrational and others that are built on long established characters.

A good tip might to be to focus on established characters with an extensive presence in their comic universe. Rather than the next hot thing. That is do some form of rudimentary fundamental analysis.

Could anyone with a GPA membership

provide the numbers for Hulk 181

3 months before the release of "The Wolverine" movie

and 3 months after?

Yes, we have to wait, but still...

[/font]

My opinion:

Movies, TV Shows and Games

are the platform to keep the characters "Alive" and relevant.

If you want, a way to diversified the already established franchise.

A "must" for the owner of the character.

Sometimes,

this translate as a profit or gain

for the comic collectors/dealers/investors.

Not Always.

2c

[/font]

Or the latest Spirit,

Or Conan,

Or Ghost rider

Or Fantastic Four

Or Green Lantern

[/font]

A good tip might to be to focus on established characters with an extensive presence in their comic universe. Rather than the next hot thing. That is do some form of rudimentary fundamental analysis.

Could anyone with a GPA membership

provide the numbers for Hulk 181

3 months before the release of "The Wolverine" movie

and 3 months after?

Yes, we have to wait, but still...

[/font]

what grade?

9.8 has been falling for 2 years. 9.6 has been consistent. most grades below this have seen steady appreciation.

My opinion:

Movies, TV Shows and Games

are the platform to keep the characters "Alive" and relevant.

If you want, a way to diversified the already established franchise.

A "must" for the owner of the character.

Sometimes,

this translate as a profit or gain

for the comic collectors/dealers/investors.

Not Always.

2c

[/font]

Oh, of course for the license owners it's smart to use that license in everything they can as long as it's a marketable product. Very smart move by the comics publishers to start flooding Hollywood with movies. They probably could have started ten years earlier when CGI and green screens were becoming more prevalent. When The Matrix came out the technology was there for super hero movies. And there were super hero movies, just not a flood of them.