• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Am I being unreasonable here?

76 posts in this topic

You have been a member here for over 8 years.

You have over 8,300 posts.

Your screen name is comicalgems.

And you don't know how to post some halfway decent pics of comic books?

Sorry. But I ain't gonna answer your questions. You are being punished. You're lucky it was me. Some here are not as nice as me. :)

Try again tomorrow, and hope it is me again, and not DiceX.

I've seen worse. shadroch has been here over ten years, has over 20,000 posts and hasn't figured out how to:

• post a picture
  • give himself an avatar
  • post a link

I lol'ed :D

Unless your phone has a macro setting (flower icon) you should keep it 10" from the object.

Put the slab on the table, rest your phone on the table, take pic...

Your typical iPhone camera will zoom too, just like zooming in on any other app. Just "un-pinch" the screen with your index finger and thumb to zoom in on the subject before you click the camera button.

Sorry. But I ain't gonna answer your questions. You are being punished. You're lucky it was me. Some here are not as nice as me. :)

I've seen worse. shadroch has been here over ten years, has over 20,000 posts and hasn't figured out how to:

• post a picture
  • give himself an avatar
  • post a link

lol

Sellers get tired of buyers asking for a partial refund and "call the bluff" by saying nope, return the book.

Buyers get tired of sellers shipping via poor methods and try to avoid the hassle of a full refund by trying to come up with a reasonable refund.

It's a tale as old as time, or whenever ebay started...

I had a weird situation happen, I bought 150+ comics from an eBay seller. The auction picture showed the books in a short box, but you could see they were all unbagged. He also offered free shipping, which seems crazy to me with such a big lot, but all the better deal for me.

I figured he would mail the books in the short box so they would fit in there tightly and with a little padding in the top and the box taped shut, I thought the books would end up protected fairly well. When I received the books, I saw he had broken them up into piles, put a large amount of plastic wrap around them to keep the piles together, then placed them in an oversized box filled with packing peanuts. This method did NOT work very well, as the wrapped piles could have easily bounced around in the box among the loose peanuts.

Only a few of the books were damaged and one of the books was missing, but I was not looking for a refund. I did think I should contact the seller to let him know about the missing book plus let him know his packing solution was not the best. He doesn't normally sell comics, so I was hoping to help him to do better in the future.

He got back to me, told me that he didn't have the missing book and was sorry about the damage. He offered a partial refund in an amount of my choice or a full refund if I sent the books back. I told him I didn't feel the situation warranted a refund as the books were still a good deal at the price paid even with some damage.

He responded saying he still felt like I should let him send me a partial refund, so I told him $10 (the lot cost $55) if he felt that was a fair amount. Of course I would have taken less since I wasn't looking for a refund, anyway. The seller sent me $13 back via Paypal.

I've never seen a seller so set on making a buyer happy that he insisted on providing a refund even after the buyer turned it down. It's not even a case of where the seller was afraid of negative feedback, because I had left him a positive after the first response he sent me.

Nice to see a seller who was so serious about customer service, it was a nice contrast to all the eBay horror stories you see.

• post a picture
  • give himself an avatar
  • post a link

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

It's a book that hovers a little over $300 per gpa but has some movie potential. I thought about negging just because his response came off as kind of like. But I can see both sides and I really hate leaving negs.

The only reason I'm avoiding posting the book details as far as title etc is because I don't want to bad mouth the seller by name.

It's a book that hovers a little over $300 per gpa but has some movie potential. I thought about negging just because his response came off as kind of like. But I can see both sides and I really hate leaving negs.

The only reason I'm avoiding posting the book details as far as title etc is because I don't want to bad mouth the seller by name.

I wouldn't neg as they offered a full refund. I would go for a neutral and state in the comments slab was damaged and you asked for reslabbing fees only and they refused.