• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Am I being unreasonable here?

76 posts in this topic

It's a book that hovers a little over $300 per gpa but has some movie potential. I thought about negging just because his response came off as kind of like. But I can see both sides and I really hate leaving negs.

The only reason I'm avoiding posting the book details as far as title etc is because I don't want to bad mouth the seller by name.

I wouldn't neg as they offered a full refund. I would go for a neutral and state in the comments slab was damaged and you asked for reslabbing fees only and they refused.

unless his listing says no returns, dont say that. if his return policy is "you pay for shipping back and i give a full refund" then just eat it and return he book.

It's a book that hovers a little over $300 per gpa but has some movie potential. I thought about negging just because his response came off as kind of like. But I can see both sides and I really hate leaving negs.

The only reason I'm avoiding posting the book details as far as title etc is because I don't want to bad mouth the seller by name.

Please don't neg the guy. I wouldn't even give him a neutral. He's stepped up and promised a full refund right away. Perhaps he's had a bunch of guys complain and ask for partial refunds and he's sick of it.

Please don't neg the guy. I wouldn't even give him a neutral. He's stepped up and promised a full refund right away. Perhaps he's had a bunch of guys complain and ask for partial refunds and he's sick of it.

+infinity

The "partial refund" is often a scam on eBay from buyers who want to reduce their cost of an item. Basically, after the buyer gets the item, they complain about how it was damaged in shipping, so ask for a partial refund. It's gotten to the point that I don't bother responding, just saying if you're unhappy, send it back for a full refund.

(This happened to me last week, and I made the mistake of offering a $2 refund on a $11 item after my full refund was declined. Buyer declined again and gave me a neg.)

Based on your messages prior to buying it (that you wanted a break on it), I can sympathize with the Seller that you're now trying to back into the amount that you wanted to pay in the first place. The problem is that the Seller doesn't know if you're just BSing him or not. I'd send him pictures of the damage to justify the claim, but depending on the cost of the item, I can see how it wouldn't be worth it to refund you the reslabbing costs.

+1

The "partial refund" is often a scam on eBay from buyers who want to reduce their cost of an item. Basically, after the buyer gets the item, they complain about how it was damaged in shipping, so ask for a partial refund. It's gotten to the point that I don't bother responding, just saying if you're unhappy, send it back for a full refund.

(This happened to me last week, and I made the mistake of offering a $2 refund on a $11 item after my full refund was declined. Buyer declined again and gave me a neg.)

Based on your messages prior to buying it (that you wanted a break on it), I can sympathize with the Seller that you're now trying to back into the amount that you wanted to pay in the first place. The problem is that the Seller doesn't know if you're just BSing him or not. I'd send him pictures of the damage to justify the claim, but depending on the cost of the item, I can see how it wouldn't be worth it to refund you the reslabbing costs.

I wouldn't say it's always a scam. I'm not sure I've gotten anything damaged through E-Bay, but roughly 2/3 of the items I've purchased in the Amazon marketplace have arrived with shipping damage. I got one DVD set that was simply shipped in an envelope. One of the DVDs had popped loose in shipping and gotten scratched. The seller refused a partial refund, so I just kept the item (which I ended up giving away) and left the guy scathing feedback.