• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1966 Amazing Spider-Man T-Shirt

18 posts in this topic

1966 Amazing Spider-Man T-Shirt. Price = $499.

Hi, all. :hi: This sale is for the 1966 Amazing Spider-Man T-Shirt shown below. I believe this is the first Spidey tee ever to be produced for sale. I purchased it directly from Marvel Comics Group after receiving my 1966 Merry Marvel Marching Society (MMMS) membership packet (which included the mail order form shown below). I only wore this tee a few times before tucking it away in a dresser drawer (where it’s remained untouched for the past 45+ years). As you can see from the pics, the shirt is white and unworn. The classic Spider-Man image (which is a screen printed image as opposed to an iron-on transfer or appliqué) is bright and unfaded. The seam stitching is fully intact. There are no stains or holes.

The manufacturer/size tag was removed back in 1966, but I believe this is a youth sized (rather than adult sized) shirt. Some key dimensions/measurements are as follows: neck = 18”; chest = 36”; length (from top of shoulder at the neck) = 27”. The woman modeling the shirt in the photo is 5’-1” tall, has a 34” bust, and weighs 110 pounds. The shirt fits her “comfortably” (neither too tight nor too loose).

This item will be shipped via fully-insured USPS Priority Mail with signature confirmation. The exact cost of shipping will be added to your order. Bullet-proof packaging guaranteed! Payment may be by PayPal, Cashier’s Check, business/personal check (if we’ve done business in the past), or USPS Money Order. Payment must be received within seven calendar days of being invoiced (unless other arrangements have been agreed to via PM). Items will ship within two business days of your payment. International buyers are welcomed. Miscreants, wankers, and folks currently on probation are not.

Post the :takeit: within the selling thread to claim your prize. :banana::banana:

Tee-1.jpg

Tee-2.jpg

Tee-3b.jpg

Tee-4.jpg

:acclaim:

That Ditko Spidey image came from the interior of ASM Annual 1 (1964). Cool story and shirt :)

I agree with Primetime. It is an awesome Ditko image of Spidey! He is muscular, and posed for deadly battle with the Sinister 6! My favorite Annual! :cloud9:

With my luck I will buy the shirt and one day come home and see my GF painting the cabinet while wearing it...I can even hear her words "Why are you down on your knees crying, it's just an old T-shirt?"

GLWTS!!

With my luck I will buy the shirt and one day come home and see my GF painting the cabinet while wearing it...I can even hear her words "Why are you down on your knees crying, it's just an old T-shirt?"

GLWTS!!

+1

I'd love to have one of these. I love odd shirts. Marvel should remake them. I'd buy it.

Had most of those at one time i think the kid next door used them to wash his car could smell the fresh ink when they arrived in the mail and only 25 cents to ship.What the heck can you get for a quarter now give me a time machine and let me out of here!