• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM #200

11 posts in this topic

Thinking of sending this one to get CGC'd. I have a grade in mind but I am curious what you might think? The book is flat and clean. There are no major flaws apparent and the interior of the book is complete with white pages. There is a small colour break midway between Spidey's right knuckle and the page edge but this appears to be a common occurrence on this cover. Also what may appear to be edge wear on the RH side of the front cover is in my best judgement colour fading. Most covers I've seen have a significant dent in about the same location where this cover has fading. As always your input and comments are greatly appreciated.

ASM #200 Front Cover

zjwc.jpg

ASM #200 Back Cover

iln2.jpg

I'd say 8.5 for the color losses.

Fairly common book in slabs. I've owned 3 from 7.0 to 9.0

I'd keep this as a reader and look for a HG slab for sale 2c

Wow Scott! That opinion was a shocker! I viewed numerous scans of this book and based on the high res comparisons I thought this book might even push 9.8 or even 9.9. Almost every book I reviewed had a major chip on the RHS near Spidey's hand - including almost every 9.8 I reviewed. Can't imagine I was off that far?

Maybe it's the scanner screen, but the corners on the back look to have a few problems. The bottom left has a dirt transfer that makes it look like it has a light crease. The color breaks on the FC didn't help. 8.5 does seem to have been hasty, perhaps I rushed it, but I don't see a 9.8 or 9.9

Maybe I'd need to see this in hand, but the corners don't look sharp enough for higher than 9.4 with zero additional defects.

But I've been wrong with square bounds before :facepalm: