• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

Sorry but I was being sarcastic, many posters on here dodge around that thought but few type it. It must be tough to run a LCS.

Later in the post I acknowledge that I support my LCS. I may drive around looking for more copies but I have a home base.

So no the LCS is not a sucker, they all run there shops the way they want to which is their right.

We are all in this to flip and make money. Lets stop BSing each other, those LCS that are selling these at cover are suckers

and what about us LCS that sell at below cover to not only our sub customers (100% of my customers got their previews preorders filled at upto 35% discount, bagged and boarded) but all my "reg" customers (the ones that don't sub,but come in every wed anyway), all got at cover less 10% standard discount...

am I a sucker? or am I thinking longer term, and taking care of the reg customers that take care of me the other 48 weeks when there isn't a shortage of comics, or huge demand?

does that couple of extra dollars I could mark up, really make that much of a difference? will it change my life, or just off customers and drive them to my competitors?...

We are all in this to flip and make money. Lets stop BSing each other, those LCS that are selling these at cover are suckers

and what about us LCS that sell at below cover to not only our sub customers (100% of my customers got their previews preorders filled at upto 35% discount, bagged and boarded) but all my "reg" customers (the ones that don't sub,but come in every wed anyway), all got at cover less 10% standard discount...

am I a sucker? or am I thinking longer term, and taking care of the reg customers that take care of me the other 48 weeks when there isn't a shortage of comics, or huge demand?

does that couple of extra dollars I could mark up, really make that much of a difference? will it change my life, or just off customers and drive them to my competitors?...

(worship)

Wished I was in Gainesville

sometimes I wish I was in gainesville too (oldest 2 kids are).... we are in Panama City and Lynn Haven (and maybe Panama City Beach next year!)

Where is the Gator shop? I will be in Florida for about a week in October and would love to stop in! *Feel free to pm if it isn't public knowledge*

(worship)

sometimes I wish I was in gainesville too (oldest 2 kids are).... we are in Panama City and Lynn Haven (and maybe Panama City Beach next year!)

Where is the Gator shop? I will be in Florida for about a week in October and would love to stop in! *Feel free to pm if it isn't public knowledge*

Main store is in Gilbergs plaza Panama City (thumbs u

You're a sucker Rick. lol

No seriously, you're not a sucker. You understand that to be successful in any business you have to look at the longterm effects of your actions.

Comic books stores and sellers on these boards who are in for the quick buck come and go... The ones that stick around and are successful are the ones who look out for their customers and value their repeat business.

All this "Modern" section is these days are the same people speculating and driving up the prices on each other and then wondering why they've been left holding the bag when the bottom falls out.

It's fun to watch though.

(thumbs u

Almost as much fun as watching books with nude covers, awful stories, and manufactured scarcity sell.

:baiting:

No seriously, you're not a sucker. You understand that to be successful in any business you have to look at the longterm effects of your actions.

Comic books stores and sellers on these boards who are in for the quick buck come and go... The ones that stick around and are successful are the ones who look out for their customers and value their repeat business.

All this "Modern" section is these days are the same people speculating and driving up the prices on each other and then wondering why they've been left holding the bag when the bottom falls out.

(thumbs u

Almost as much fun as watching books with nude covers, awful stories, and manufactured scarcity sell.

lol

the-mask-of-zorro-catherine-zeta-jones-antonio-banderas-o.gif

Umm they are all selling above cover and some 3-5 times over cover, I'd say that is pretty great considering they are one shots and just came out. 2c

Most of the books are going for 9 or 10 dollars including shipping costs of three or four dollars. Unless you are moving a massive number of copies the return is very small.

People post a high single auction sale in this thread for a book and treat it like the new benchmark for that issue. And as always, people are automatically assuming that a 15 or 20 dollar book this week will be a 25 or 30 dollar book next week.

You know how many sellers would be more then happy with selling books at $8-10 an issue? Its a nice small profit for someone and a very nice small profit for a store that paid around $2 per issue.

You don't give people here enough credit. I see one high sale and I don't assume that's the new asking price. I can assure that many others here don't either. Just because a few on here don't know what they are talking about don't assume others here don't.

Seriously though is anyone interested In a descently priced jokers daughter 3d? Ha...as In to sell

yeah but I'm only mostly sure that I'll have some...so I'm not gonna risk my reputation by selling something I don't have on me yet. Personally I think premiums for pre-orders like this is pretttty slegal

Seriously though is anyone interested In a descently priced jokers daughter 3d? Ha...as In to sell

yeah but I'm only mostly sure that I'll have some...so I'm not gonna risk my reputation by selling something I don't have on me yet. Personally I think premiums for pre-orders like this is pretttty slegal

Alright cool I might hit u up when it releases

For any completest out there, I am on Batman and Detective since the New 52

Barnes and Nobles just put out the 23.1 newsstand covers. They are the same as the 2D but carry the $3.99 cover price instead of the $2.99 cover price.

(worship)

Main store is in Gilbergs plaza Panama City (thumbs u

Even farther away from where I will be than "Gainesville" was initially :( Miami

(thumbs u

lol

Well it's only a small percentage of my business... And my pricing is consistent so there. lol - A book that retails for $15 is still a $15 book in my sales thread. :P

You don't see me trying to sell a $4 DC book with a high print run for $125 - $175 graded.

And you don't see me screaming oh my god "Sixth Gun" is gonna be a TV series - better rush out and get them! - Proud to say I've never owned a copy for re-sale.

While we're at it let me see if I can dig out a Revival 1 CGC 10.0 SS here somewhere... wonder what I should sell it on the boards for.

;)

Sorry but I was being sarcastic, many posters on here dodge around that thought but few type it. It must be tough to run a LCS.

Later in the post I acknowledge that I support my LCS. I may drive around looking for more copies but I have a home base.

So no the LCS is not a sucker, they all run there shops the way they want to which is their right.

Silly us for not being able to detect your sarcasm

For any completest out there, I am on Batman and Detective since the New 52

Barnes and Nobles just put out the 23.1 newsstand covers. They are the same as the 2D but carry the $3.99 cover price instead of the $2.99 cover price.

The $3.99 price means they're worth more :roflmao: