• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

I'd say everything was speculation until Gator heard from Diamond-- if there is a stack being held back, odds are it is for the 2nd print sets. Now, they COULD stamp '2nd print' or something on them, but I wouldn't think they would go to the trouble.

Oh man...if they could make it a gold foil stamp then we'd be in the money! lol

a question for the folks in this thread....was just discussing with a customer about my set....

as stated, I am going to be giving one set away at my store on black Friday (including the FE 3d variant)....so, to "offset" that promotional cost to me, I am going to sell my complete set (also with a FE 3d variant)...

now, in this case, I want to sell for closer to FMV versus retail, simply to defer cost of my second set...so, my question to the group is, what is FMV...I have not sold a single issue above retail, and generally don't pay attention to modern prices... ebay is a cluster you know what, so asking my fellow boardies for some help, and in return, I will offer the set here to the boards!

I still see the set at 350 or so

Its going to depend on price of FE #1 3d

if they are released with 2nd prints that book will go from 150 to 20.00

a question for the folks in this thread....was just discussing with a customer about my set....

as stated, I am going to be giving one set away at my store on black Friday (including the FE 3d variant)....so, to "offset" that promotional cost to me, I am going to sell my complete set (also with a FE 3d variant)...

now, in this case, I want to sell for closer to FMV versus retail, simply to defer cost of my second set...so, my question to the group is, what is FMV...I have not sold a single issue above retail, and generally don't pay attention to modern prices... ebay is a cluster you know what, so asking my fellow boardies for some help, and in return, I will offer the set here to the boards!

Maybe not. Again, with the 2nd prints only available in sets, how many will be sold? Some of the big stores (Midtown) MAY break them up, but most of the stores I would shop at will not, so how many sets will they order for stock and how many for presell only? Good question for Gator-- would he break them up or just sell sets?

And, if you are a variant chaser like me, that means the store must order 52 $3.99 books to get one chase cover-- so even at cost they are spending over $100 to get 1 chase and 52 that may or may not sell individually---might still keep the price high.....

Does that include the Foever Evil ?

I'm really thinking the FE will be a 2nd print also.

diamond confirmed for me they currently have a lot of inventory that is "reserved" (to marry up with this set I suspect), so I would bet dollars to donuts it is a first print

And FE3D 1st Print is being given away at the NYCC Retailer Breakfast. My money is with G.A.tor.

Maybe not. Again, with the 2nd prints only available in sets, how many will be sold? Some of the big stores (Midtown) MAY break them up, but most of the stores I would shop at will not, so how many sets will they order for stock and how many for presell only? Good question for Gator-- would he break them up or just sell sets?

I will not be breaking the sets up....as stated, most stores can't "afford" to break 52 books to sell 10, and have 40+ sit on shelves... I am only offering as sets...

what's funny is that I have gotten two responses from two diff folks about 1st or 2nd FE with the 2nd print set...one said first, one said second, so we are going higher up the ladder to clarify doh!

diamond confirmed for me they currently have a lot of inventory that is "reserved" (to marry up with this set I suspect), so I would bet dollars to donuts it is a first print

And FE3D 1st Print is being given away at the NYCC Retailer Breakfast. My money is with G.A.tor.

I will be at that breakfast...cool...

I will be at that breakfast...cool...

Dibs on your cheerios!

I will not be breaking the sets up....as stated, most stores can't "afford" to break 52 books to sell 10, and have 40+ sit on shelves... I am only offering as sets...

what's funny is that I have gotten two responses from two diff folks about 1st or 2nd FE with the 2nd print set...one said first, one said second, so we are going higher up the ladder to clarify doh!

They might not fly off the shelves, but who's going to pass on a 3D cover if they see it??? I'm sure they'd all sell within a month or two.

They might not fly off the shelves, but who's going to pass on a 3D cover if they see it??? I'm sure they'd all sell within a month or two.

I still have a bunch of first prints of various ones on my shelves now, that haven't sold out doh!

I still have a bunch of first prints of various ones on my shelves now, that haven't sold out doh!

Yes, my LCS would only let me buy one set each week, but the following week, if there were any of the previous week left, I could buy more then. I ended up with 3 full sets and most of a forth.

The first Marvel lenticular comic cover I remember was Sensational Spider-man #0 from 1996. It had better lenticular motion than the DC covers. The lenticular motion was Spidey flying through the cover towards you.

The DC covers were better overall because the whole cover has the 3D effect with lenticular motion as opposed to Marvel attaching a lenticular card onto the comic's cover. The Marvel DVD lenticular pix are cool but they still don't compare to the DC covers

+Jan+1996+Comic+Book+by+Marvel&p=sensational+spider-man+0&oid=b4ef263e888b870019a4d9d27fd00e59&fr2=piv-web&fr=fptb-ca&tt=%3Cb%3ESensational+Spider%3C%2Fb%3E-%3Cb%3EMan+0+%3C%2Fb%3EA%2c+Jan+1996+Comic+Book+by+Marvel&b=0∋=240&no=5&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=12taa7o0c&sigb=13f50nq5a&sigi=12hae2cjg&.crumb=ezuA.34ixZw&fr=fptb-ca'>Sensational Spider-man #0 lenticular cover

Which 3d covers do you guys think are worth getting slabbed apart from JD?? I was thinking of getting a Harley cover signed by Kindt and Burnham at NYCC and then slabbed. I dont expect it to be of any significant value or anything, just something cool to have I guess...