• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

So much for first to market...

Lobo 3D - eBay

I remember a little over a month ago talking to you about this was going to be fun to watch. It turns out it was great. I have the set and it is staying in my PC. These were a lot of fun and will be something that I bet we are talking about in the coming years.

Lobo 3D - eBay

I remember a little over a month ago talking to you about this was going to be fun to watch. It turns out it was great. I have the set and it is staying in my PC. These were a lot of fun and will be something that I bet we are talking about in the coming years.

It sure was. I grabbed copies of the books I read, like Swamp Thing and Batman, and a few others out of nostalgia/thought they looked cool (Lobo, Ventriloquist, JD). It'll be interesting to see what a JD CGC grabs and which ones hold up, if any.

Lobo 3D - eBay

It sure was. I grabbed copies of the books I read, like Swamp Thing and Batman, and a few others out of nostalgia/thought they looked cool (Lobo, Ventriloquist, JD). It'll be interesting to see what a JD CGC grabs and which ones hold up, if any.

I think the JD will stay fairly hot. I liked a lot of these books better than most but my expectations were pretty low. It did get me reading the GL lights out story and I was already hooked on Green Arrow ( I'm loving the art on that book ) so I look at the whole thing as a positive experience.

Is Swamp Thing pretty good ?

OK which one of Geniuses subbed these six books:

lol

Title

Batman: The Dark Knight

Issue No. 23.4

Issue Date 11/13

Year 2013

Publisher D.C. Comics

Near Mint 9.4 3

Near Mint - 9.2 2

Very Fine/Near Mint 9.0 1

lol

Title

Issue No. 23.4

Issue Date 11/13

Year 2013

Publisher D.C. Comics

Near Mint 9.4 3

Near Mint - 9.2 2

:roflmao:

I think the 9.0 is the "left in car" variant.

lol

Title

Issue No. 23.4

Issue Date 11/13

Year 2013

Publisher D.C. Comics

Near Mint 9.4 3

Near Mint - 9.2 2

:roflmao:

I think the 9.0 is the "left in car" variant.

I was thinking it may have had something to do with the "I press everything, just in case" mentality. hm

OK . After looking on eBay I see multiple 9.9's and 10's coming from the other grading company. It seems cgc is being much more strict. Which i guess is the norm. What I don't understand is that for the majority of these 3D books, the covers are absolutely flawless. For example, the corners are absolutely square 90 degree angles and the edges are absolutely straight. When I first looked close I was thinking that if there were any book that would be likely to grade a 9.9 or even 10, it would be these books. I honestly cant believe that these are not grading higher than 9.8's. If these books cant grade higher than 9.8, what books can?!!! rantrant

OK . After looking on eBay I see multiple 9.9's and 10's coming from the other grading company. It seems cgc is being much more strict. Which i guess is the norm. What I don't understand is that for the majority of these 3D books, the covers are absolutely flawless. For example, the corners are absolutely square 90 degree angles and the edges are absolutely straight. When I first looked close I was thinking that if there were any book that would be likely to grade a 9.9 or even 10, it would be these books. I honestly cant believe that these are not grading higher than 9.8's. If these books cant grade higher than 9.8, what books can?!!! rantrant

guess you haven't checked some of mine or other board members auctions?

There is SO much more to grading on these than the corners/edges and spine.

Of the hundreds I have had once you tilt them in the light just right you can see all kinds of scruff marks that happened in the manufacturing process or from handling.

Out of a couple hundred books I have had I have gotten 7 graded so far, 3 were 9.9s and 4 were 9.8.

I am personally glad that CGC isnt handing out 10s like candy on this one.