• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

Thoughts on the 3D Joker?...is this a hold or a quick flip? Id like to think that after the craze settles a little that the demand for the most notorious villain will rise...but who knows.

If you paid cover for it would you be happy with a ten dollar sale on ebay, without taking into account fees and perhaps shipping costs?

If your answer to that question is yes, then "flip" it. If it is no, then sit on it.

I should rephrase...it's not about the quick flip money, but rather, does anyone actually think there's going to be potential for demand for the more popular villains, or is this just a repackaged 90s gimmick all over again?

Thoughts on the 3D Joker?...is this a hold or a quick flip? Id like to think that after the craze settles a little that the demand for the most notorious villain will rise...but who knows.

If you paid cover for it would you be happy with a ten dollar sale on ebay, without taking into account fees and perhaps shipping costs?

If your answer to that question is yes, then "flip" it. If it is no, then sit on it.

I should rephrase...it's not about the quick flip money, but rather, does anyone actually think there's going to be potential for demand for the more popular villains, or is this just a repackaged 90s gimmick all over again?

I think it is like a one-shot like Killing Joke. Initial frenzied hype, then another surge as CGCs come to market, then a year from now the prices will be settled. I see $10-20 in 2014.

The Die cut Batman #13 is very similar to me. The Joker story was ok. Not up there with the best.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-13-Death-of-the-Family-Joker-Die-Cut-1st-Printing-DC-Comics-NM-/221276264116?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item338517d6b4

Was that person actually dumb enough to post what store he bought the books from?

doesn't diamond take away a stores retailer discount for doing that?

The boardie is well known. His adress & email was DM'd to me.

I plugged his zip into the comic shop locator service.

seven shops came up.

I know one of the owners.

I called him. We figured out the account easy.

I saved the post.

Sent it to DC. Sent it to Diamond. Sent it to Bleeding Cool.

Diamond could take away their Tuesday delivery for a period of time, which will certainly take away youchooseme's Tuesday delivery time for a period.

Cool beans. Now to wait to see if your information is correct. I do suppose that there are a couple of people that would pm you such information. lol. Called one of the owners and figured out the account easy. :blahblah::roflmao:

I think the funniest part is when you said the boardie is well known. If you can't guess, nobody talks to me unless I pm them. It's like I am on ignore to everyone in modern.

Only 7 shops? There are way more than that.

Larry good luck in being able to talk to one owner out of 7 and being able to pin it on 1 out of 6 without any real info or evidence. Please let us know which shop you are trying to pin it on so we can then direct the owner to this thread so he can see who is trying to mess with his business.

Maybe if we are lucky Diamond will screw with them without any hard evidence, and the person will be willing to lawyer up and come after you for slander/libel based on your claims being posted online and discussed with Diamond and this other store owner again with ZERO EVIDENCE.

The reality is Diamond will not do anything based on Larry's claims without any hard evidence. This is what makes this back and forth so dang funny.

So who actually got these forever evil 3d , 1 per store the thoughout the US or just if you ordered

Enough of books

You had to order a certain amount, I heard 500 somwhere, don't know if that's accurate. I do know my local shop did NOT have a 3d variant of Evil.

lol nice demonstration of self control. I told myself I wasn't buying any either and the kapowee ! I bought some anyway :grin:

Except for Snyder's Batman, I haven't bought any DC since the the New 52 launch. I, errr... binged on DC today. The 3D covers were purdy.

Well played, DC; well played

I Loved the Desaad Story ... The Relic was Awful so far from what ive read

ALL COVERS ARE GREAT LOOKING

AGREED JOB WELL DONE DC ! I HAVENT SPENT THAT MUCH CASH ON MODERN DC BOOKS IN A LONG TIME

Ditto on the job well done DC.

Only ones found (in 2 stores I visited in San Diego) were Darkseid, Joker, Two Face and the Cyborg. doh! Might try another store or two tomorrow. hm Guess I shoulda taken a long lunch at work! (shrug)

I see this collection is going for big prices on eBay already. Once this Villain's Month thing is over, does anyone really believe these books will be worth more than book value? My comic shop was insane today so I avoided. I usually read digitally, but I'd like to get the complete set of 3D covers, but not for the current eBay prices.

So who actually got these forever evil 3d , 1 per store the thoughout the US or just if you ordered

Enough of books

You had to order a certain amount, I heard 500 somwhere, don't know if that's accurate. I do know my local shop did NOT have a 3d variant of Evil.

One per diamond account. My LCS got one, did not order 500. Some LCS's operate more than one store off of one Diamond account-- maybe they only got one? Maybe your store got one but gave it to someone else and didn't want to say?