• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My new comic short story released today!

25 posts in this topic

I just found out that a short story I wrote and illustrated was released today. :whee:

I was thrilled when my friend David Peterson (of Mouse Guard) asked me to contribute to his wonderfully successful Legends of the Guard anthology series.

Legends Of The Guard issue 2 (volume 2) is available at comic shops now!

-Christian Slade

Here is a recent interview I did about it on Davids blog:

http://davidpetersen.blogspot.com/2013/08/spotlight-on-legends-of-guard.html

And some art from the story:

2f9f8769073e071090301adaf3d91155.jpg

54ee9267365321b3d6074facce352249.jpg

Phat stuff, my friend. I mean this as a compliment, but your work reminds me a little of Patrick Woodruff (sp?) who is one of my favorite artists of ALL time. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. I absolutely LOVE the OA to "Mr Blob" that Judy and I just got from you.....

Greggy- I have the original art here. Might make it available later this week.... When's hockey start? Think your Canucks are gonna get some zip to their skate from their new coach?

Doc- It's great to see some UCF alumni here on the boards. Very cool.I don't do commissions typically. Too busy. Glad you joined the boards. This place is great.

Phat stuff, my friend. I mean this as a compliment, but your work reminds me a little of Patrick Woodruff (sp?) who is one of my favorite artists of ALL time. GOD BLESS....

P.S. I absolutely LOVE the OA to "Mr Blob" that Judy and I just got from you.....

Thanks for the kind words Jimbo! I got your PM and was going to reply letter tonight. Gad to hear Mr. Blob is having fun at his new digs. Don't let him stay up too late and never leave him alone in the same room as the comics. I think his favorite issues to snack on are early FFs, especially issue 13.

Thanks for the kind words Jimbo! I got your PM and was going to reply letter tonight. Gad to hear Mr. Blob is having fun at his new digs. Don't let him stay up too late and never leave him alone in the same room as the comics. I think his favorite issues to snack on are early FFs, especially issue 13.

...... noted. I don't know if you're familiar or not, but you MUST check out THIS........ GOD BLESS....

I just found out that a short story I wrote and illustrated was released today. :whee:

I was thrilled when my friend David Peterson (of Mouse Guard) asked me to contribute to his wonderfully successful Legends of the Guard anthology series.

Legends Of The Guard issue 2 (volume 2) is available at comic shops now!

-Christian Slade

Here is a recent interview I did about it on Davids blog:

http://davidpetersen.blogspot.com/2013/08/spotlight-on-legends-of-guard.html

And some art from the story:

2f9f8769073e071090301adaf3d91155.jpg

54ee9267365321b3d6074facce352249.jpg

Wonderful line work on these Darth. I love that sea monster!

Congrats