• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sleeping on a bed of keys...

14 posts in this topic

Reminds me about what the cat did to my ASM #300.

...we no longer have a cat.

Or an ASM 300

I still have a Showcase 27 that my dog decided to make a bed on and scratched at it before laying down. It was in a bag and board but you can still see the indention she made with her nails. That was about 20 years ago. The comic WAY outlived the dog. :grin:

Reminds me of a dog I bought and had imported form Germany. A 3 month old German Shepard Dog. It came from Germany with paperwork from their equivelant to our AKC. They are commonly referred to as "Pink Papers" because they are pink in color.

Anyway. I laid the pink papers on the coffee table and later discovered the pup had eaten them

The dog cost me 2K, and it cost me another $200 to get replacement pink papers so that I could get the pup accepted into AKC. You also have to get the dog DNA'd and x-rayed when you do that switch over.

Stupid pup. Ha Ha. But I love her.

When you get a dog born in Germany, the breeder names them. It is different here. Here the buyer names the pups. The dogs from Germany get names starting with letters of the alphabet so that you know which litter a pup came from, from each breeder. If the previous litter was litter "B", the pups in that litter have names all starting with a "B". The next litter by the same breeder would have to have all the pups with names starting with a "C".

In Germany, they have very strict controls over dogs bred there. Only six pups to a litter. Surprise inspections by the authorities, of the home where the dogs are kept. Anytime they want to. Many other things that would not be accepted here. Like when you want to breed two dogs together, in Germany, you have to get permission first. They may not like the crossing of the two dogs you want to breed and they will refuse to let you breed them, suggesting other dogs that they deem more suited for a match.

Anyway. That was what came to my mind when I saw that dog on the comcs. :)