• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

now i do wonder who is the second villain for the film

I'm wondering the same thing.

And I hope they do not waste Dwayne Johnson on a one-movie villain role like Doomsday. That guy is just too high-profile to allow this to happen.

Plus, he will kill everyone anyway.

rock1.jpg

638320-uxas_now_darkseid.gif

:wishluck::wishluck::wishluck:

Based on casting decisions this staff has made, he is much more likely for Doomsday

b4ch.jpg

At this point, I'm not sure where this Snyder-Goyer "wee, let's throw a dart and see whose name we hit" adventure is taking us. But it feels like repeat shock value to buck the traditional casting expectation.

I'm wondering if Tilda Swinton next as Commissioner Yindel because of her appearance in The Dark Knight Returns. This way, they blend in multiple stories to make something so "their own", nobody can pick up on where-when-why this is.

We shall see where they are taking us come 2016.

i dont think we need 2 villains, i think the introduction of Batman/WW will take up some time, then Superman and Batman fight then join up to defeat Lex

Tell that to Hollywood.

-slym

lets hope they don't go with the logic that "more=better"

Spiderman 3

At this point, I'm not sure where this Snyder-Goyer "wee, let's throw a dart and see whose name we hit" adventure is taking us. But it feels like repeat shock value to buck the traditional casting expectation.

I'm wondering if Tilda Swinton next as Commissioner Yindel because of her appearance in The Dark Knight Returns. This way, they blend in multiple stories to make something so "their own", nobody can pick up on where-when-why this is.

I think as fans of the source material, we're all guilty of casting these movies the same way Wizard magazine used to do it back in the early 90's. Bryan Cranston seemed to be the consensus pick, probably because he just got done playing a bald, ruthless character. But if Breaking Bad never existed, would people be clamoring for the dad from Malcolm in the Middle to get the role? In this era of top notch make up and special effects, looking like the comic character isn't that important anymore.

I'm more concerned with the -script being good, because even the best actors out there can polish a turd only so much. Truth be told, I wish Hollywood would cast relative unknowns in these roles, so the Holden Caulfield in me wouldn't get hung up on the fact that Van Wilder is supposed to be Hal Jordan. :frustrated:

I think as fans of the source material, we're all guilty of casting these movies the same way Wizard magazine used to do it back in the early 90's. Bryan Cranston seemed to be the consensus pick, probably because he just got done playing a bald, ruthless character. But if Breaking Bad never existed, would people be clamoring for the dad from Malcolm in the Middle to get the role? In this era of top notch make up and special effects, looking like the comic character isn't that important anymore.

I'm more concerned with the -script being good, because even the best actors out there can polish a turd only so much. Truth be told, I wish Hollywood would cast relative unknowns in these roles, so the Holden Caulfield in me wouldn't get hung up on the fact that Van Wilder is supposed to be Hal Jordan. :frustrated:

truth

i think people forget that shaving your head is a pretty easy look to accomplish

they obviously impressed in their auditions

:) This makes me feel better.

truth

i think people forget that shaving your head is a pretty easy look to accomplish

they obviously impressed in their auditions

I know nothing about the process, but I've always wondered about stuff like that. Does Ben Affleck have to audition for the role at this point in his career? Or do they just send him a copy of the -script and ask if he's interested?

:banana::banana::banana:

Oh...you're being sarcastic, aren't you?...

I know nothing about the process, but I've always wondered about stuff like that. Does Ben Affleck have to audition for the role at this point in his career? Or do they just send him a copy of the -script and ask if he's interested?

From the way Affleck described it, they brought him in to convince him why to take another superhero role. Once they had him, then it was a prep session on how to deal with the negative reaction once his casting was announced.

So there is definitely a plan behind the scenes. Just for now, it may seem like a roll-of-the-dice selection technique.

No I'm not being sarcastic!

From the way Affleck described it, they brought him in to convince him why to take another superhero role. Once they had him, then it was a prep session on how to deal with the negative reaction once his casting was announced.

So there is definitely a plan behind the scenes. Just for now, it may seem like a roll-of-the-dice selection technique.

That makes more sense. I would imagine with a project this big, the folks in charge probably have a short list of actors in mind for each role. There's a lot riding on this movie being great, besides the large wads of $ involved. Even a middling box office return could doom any chance of, say, Aquaman hitting the big screen, which would upset all 17 of his fans.

No I'm not being sarcastic!

Then the dancing bananas still stand! lol