• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

is good like all other dc animations

:applause:

:whee:

It was awesome! (thumbs u

This is what I mean when for the most part the new DC 52 is mediocre.

I am used to watching a high quality DC Universe in animation, so you can imagine my surprise at how disappointed I was when I read the DC NEW 52 comic books. :sick:

Night and day folks was the difference in quality.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

'Superman/Batman : Apocalypse' - I need to watch this.

Yeah, you really do. Of all the DC Animation greatness (which is considerable), 'Superman/Batman : Apocalypse' would be somewhere near the top.

If they could manage to capture even a 10th of that level of quality storytelling for the live-action effort, it'd be a mega-success beyond imagining.

The Flash BvS cameo

Last month it was revealed that DC were scouting convenience stores and now CBM news site TheDailySuperHero.com has revealed that the scene filmed at the store will feature the Flash! The site's source claims that the hero is seen on the store's security footage stopping a robbery. The site claims that the only footage shown of the Flash will be on the security camera and will serve as a set up for his appearance in 2017's Justice League. No information on an actor or which rendition of the Flash we'll see was given.

Exclusive: the purpose of the giant ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Superman statue revealed

Military scenes were rumored to be filmed late last week, but I haven’t heard anything about that. What I do have are details on a big press conference scene that was shot on Friday. My source on set said that they held a big ceremony to unveil the big Superman statue. The statue was built to celebrate Superman saving the Earth in the first movie — Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice takes place about two years after the events of Man of Steel. Gotham and Metropolis news trucks and helicopters were on the scene to cover the Mayor’s speech and the statue unveiling. Elementary school kids wore “Superman Survivors” shirts and helped pull a sheet off the statue for the big reveal. They also released real doves to celebrate statue unveiling. The Superman statue that we saw last week was incomplete — he was missing a head and other various body parts. That didn’t change when they filmed the scene for the movie. I’m told that the statue will be completed in post-production with CGI.

Report: Jason Momoa is Aquaman in ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’

Back in April Batman News exclusively reported that Momoa had signed a contract and joined the cast of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, and now we know who he’ll be playing! HitFix reports that Momoa has been cast as Aquaman, and that Zack Snyder has already finalized his designs for the character so shooting can take place soon.

If anyone can make Aquaman interesting, Momoa would be one I would think could do it.

Peter David Aquaman?

Aquaman17_%281996%29.jpg

He better have blonde hair and be the new Aquaman & not the one from Superfriends.

They just announced Momao will look like this Aquaman including dolphins with kryptonite :roflmao:

20140615_123857_zps8e01124c.jpg

Momoa is a tool for dismissing the rumors initially and then teasing they might be true, then pulling a 180 again.

What's the dealio? So many mixed signals from that guy.

Still think he'd make a good Aquaman tho.

He's not aquaman

I dunno JL, ABC news just picked up the story and confirmed it 2 hours ago:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/jason-momoa-play-aquaman-batman-superman-movie/story?id=24158758

Jason Momoa has been confirmed by HitFix to play Aquaman in the upcoming "Batman Vs. Superman: Dawn Of Justice" movie set for release in 2016.

HitFix adds that director Zack Snyder already has designs for his costume.

This follows suit with the ripped, gritty Batman photo releases weeks ago showing Ben Affleck taking on a darker Dark Knight.

Momoa, 35, who has appeared on "Game of Thrones," is no Vincent Chase or Justin Hartley -- basically this is not the typical blond Adonis that has played the character in the past, but a beefy, hulking superhero.

Momoa's appearance in the film will only add to the anticipated "Justice League" film that will follow, where Batman, Superman and others form a team (much like "The Avengers") to ensure the safety of Earth.

Warner Bros. has yet to make the official announcement

The Flash BvS cameo

Last month it was revealed that DC were scouting convenience stores and now CBM news site TheDailySuperHero.com has revealed that the scene filmed at the store will feature the Flash! The site's source claims that the hero is seen on the store's security footage stopping a robbery. The site claims that the only footage shown of the Flash will be on the security camera and will serve as a set up for his appearance in 2017's Justice League. No information on an actor or which rendition of the Flash we'll see was given.

:applause:

This is how the movie can avoid being overly loaded with characters. Little scenes that give us a glimpse of what is to come, and with whom as the actor.

I'm okay with that approach.

:whee:

Momoa is a tool for dismissing the rumors initially and then teasing they might be true, then pulling a 180 again.

What's the dealio? So many mixed signals from that guy.

Still think he'd make a good Aquaman tho.

I think all confirmation/denial is at the studio's behest. The studio might be speaking to more than one actor in consideration for the role and the actors are asked/told to keep it quiet but for some reason "insiders" keep coming up with Momoa and in response he's sort of just going with what he hears from his representatives about the casting. At one point in time it may have been close to an agreement and another not so much. Personally, I really hope these rumors end up being true because this role definitely needs someone with presence.

Edited by Kal-El