• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

I'm worried. I truly believe this movie is going to be my Attack Of The Clones.

Lex = C-3PO. Very cool movie, but one character's behavior and actions completely ruin it for me.

I can't stand Lex. He jars me out of enjoying every preview I've seen with him in it.

CA94d2cU8AA2loV.jpgC-3PO-Costume-and-Helmet.jpg

hm

You have a point there...

Lex = C-3PO. Very cool movie, but one character's behavior and actions completely ruin it for me.

I can't stand Lex. He jars me out of enjoying every preview I've seen with him in it.

hm

You mean the one on the top of the head?

Long but interesting article outlining this R-Rated cut that will be distributed through home video.

Learn All About The R-Rated 'Ultimate Cut' Of BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE

According to Entertainment Weekly, even though the R-rated extended cut of Batman v Superman was in the works for quite some time before Deadpool hit theaters, it wasn't until the impressive box office returns for the Ryan Reynolds [film] came in that Warner Bros. executives felt convinced that a more intense adult-oriented home video release was a risk worth taking.

For those that assume 'it isn't always about Deadpool'. It sounds like it gave confidence to some folks audiences do want to watch such material.

Snyder teases that a lot of what is being added to the film is quite spoilerly, so he doesn't reveal too much, but he does add that a lot of the more minor characters will receive bigger storylines and a few actors, in addition to Malone, will be rescued from the cutting room floor: “There’s a couple, like, Ahman Green, the running back from the Green Bay Packers, he’s in it. And C.T. Fletcher is like this bodybuilder muscle-guru from Compton, this awesome guy. He’s amazing, and he’s in it, And then there’s just a lot of these Easter Eggs in the Director’s Cut that I think are gonna be fun for everyone.”

Speaking of Easter Eggs, Snyder teases the addition of several that will tease the Justice League movie, which kicks off production in a few weeks, as well as future DC Extended Universe adventures. He also teased one giant addition in particular that will knock the socks off fans: “There’s one giant one that I won’t tell you about yet that speaks to what’s gonna go on in the greater Justice League universe.” Well, that's intriguing to say the least.

:whee:

hm

You mean the one on the top of the head?

lol That's it (thumbs u

Long but interesting article outlining this R-Rated cut that will be distributed through home video.

Learn All About The R-Rated 'Ultimate Cut' Of BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE

According to Entertainment Weekly, even though the R-rated extended cut of Batman v Superman was in the works for quite some time before Deadpool hit theaters, it wasn't until the impressive box office returns for the Ryan Reynolds [film] came in that Warner Bros. executives felt convinced that a more intense adult-oriented home video release was a risk worth taking.

For those that assume 'it isn't always about Deadpool'. It sounds like it gave confidence to some folks audiences do want to watch such material.

Snyder teases that a lot of what is being added to the film is quite spoilerly, so he doesn't reveal too much, but he does add that a lot of the more minor characters will receive bigger storylines and a few actors, in addition to Malone, will be rescued from the cutting room floor: “There’s a couple, like, Ahman Green, the running back from the Green Bay Packers, he’s in it. And C.T. Fletcher is like this bodybuilder muscle-guru from Compton, this awesome guy. He’s amazing, and he’s in it, And then there’s just a lot of these Easter Eggs in the Director’s Cut that I think are gonna be fun for everyone.”

Speaking of Easter Eggs, Snyder teases the addition of several that will tease the Justice League movie, which kicks off production in a few weeks, as well as future DC Extended Universe adventures. He also teased one giant addition in particular that will knock the socks off fans: “There’s one giant one that I won’t tell you about yet that speaks to what’s gonna go on in the greater Justice League universe.” Well, that's intriguing to say the least.

:whee:

Cool :cool:

While shopping today I went through the toy section to see what they had in from Batman v Superman. Loads of cool toys!

But I noticed there were three sets of action figures - including the Batman v Superman mini figures - where Lex Luthor's battle suit was included.

I wonder if we are going to see this in the movie.

The minis just have a blocky look to them.

FLASH's Role In BATMAN v SUPERMAN Revealed - SPOILERS

According to Snyder, Flash appears to Batman in a dream sequence to deliver a cryptic message. Glimpses of a dream sequence have appeared in several of the previously seen trailers, and may also hint at Darkseid, the presumed villain of the Justice League films.

Snyder calls the cameo a "giant Easter egg," and says that fans will have to determine for themselves whether it is truly a dream, or a transcendent appearance by the actual Flash.

“We had such a straightforward narrative, on one hand,” Snyder told Entertainment Weekly. “I wanted this other layer of the movie to be complicated and bizarre.”

According to Snyder, Flash appears to Batman in a dream sequence to deliver a cryptic message. Glimpses of a dream sequence have appeared in several of the previously seen trailers, and may also hint at Darkseid, the presumed villain of the Justice League films.

Snyder calls the cameo a "giant Easter egg," and says that fans will have to determine for themselves whether it is truly a dream, or a transcendent appearance by the actual Flash.

“We had such a straightforward narrative, on one hand,” Snyder told Entertainment Weekly. “I wanted this other layer of the movie to be complicated and bizarre.”

hm This could be interesting...

hm This could be interesting...

On first glance, feels like it could come across as shoehorned in, but it could also be fantastic. I'm optimistic :applause:

Looks like Warner is making sure it does what is needed to appeal to the Chinese box office.

Li Yifeng Appointed as Chinese Spectator Ambassador for 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice'

Actor Li Yifeng has been appointed as the Chinese Spectator Ambassador for the new 'Batman vs. Superman' movie - to lead Chinese superhero fans to witness the "battle of the century."

A poster has been released along with the news, with Li in a black suit, clasping his hands, and standing in front of a logo that symbolizes the superhero confrontation.

b342fd04da37485c9b084c071c984726.jpg

Smart!

A years wages to see a movie? I guess they don't have to eat. (:

Movie ticket prices in China can range from $1.60 USD from online vendors to a high of $5.50 USD compared to USA ticket prices ranging from $8.70 to $11 (and higher). So when a movie does $100 MM in China, it really had to attract a very large audience.

A years wages to see a movie? I guess they don't have to eat. (:

Movie ticket prices in China can range from $1.60 USD from online vendors to a high of $5.50 USD compared to USA ticket prices ranging from $8.70 to $11 (and higher). So when a movie does $100 MM in China, it really had to attract a very large audience.

$17.50 here. :cry: